Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carolina Reaper cheddar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carolina Reaper cheddar!

Click image for larger version  Name:	98F74ED9-B335-48FE-BBEA-688C74EFEC8E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	857.3 KB ID:	1162446

Okay, this is one of those things that is actually as hot as it’s supposed to be. It’s good that the peppers are in with dairy. Small bites, people. Small bites. I’m not sure I could cut a slice and put it on a burger. It’s really, really hot.

Ordered from Pennsylvania Macaroni, http://www.pennmac.com/items/9541//C...r-Peppers-Hot- . Shipping is expensive, the package does come hermetically sealed. I had a gift card, or I would have waited until I was in Pittsburgh next. But if you don’t mind paying, or if you live near Pittsburgh, AND you like hot stuff? Do it.
    Last edited by Mosca; January 20, 2022, 03:21 PM.

I like a bit of heat, but not that much. But if I ever feel the urge to experience excruciating pain, I'll keep it in mind.

Comment

I am very tempted. It doesn't look all that threatening.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone is different. I cut a piece about the size of a wheat thin. The burn is about an 8, and lasts about 10 minutes.

My boss goes to this place 1x a year and usually brings back some crazy hot cheese. This isn't the hottest one I've had, but it doesn't look like they sell the super hot one over the internet 7 oz. Smoked Ghost Pepper | Ashe County Cheese

Comment

Hard pass.

Comment

After just reading Attjack ‘s recent post in jokes : https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...05#post1162405 please don’t forget how hot it is and use it for your dog’s pills.🙂

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Too Freakin Funny, Brother!

[b]YIPES!!! Owrrr Owwwrrr Owwwwrrrr!!![b]

I've had a ghost pepper cheddar and it was a little more than I want. I think I'll pass on the Death Cheddar.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Respect, Brother.

Leaves more, fer th rest of us...

I still have a bunch of my Armageddons dried out. I made a big pot of chili & put a 1/16 of a tsp at best, more than enough heat. I have maybe the equivalent of 1/3 cup of the stuff. Can’t breath it or touch it. It will last me a LONG time.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Keerful, My Brother!

Its Potency will fade, with time LOL!

Use It, or Lose It!

Is that masochist cheese?
          Heat even PBR cannot quench.

Comment

• Murdy
            Murdy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. But think about how many you could put down trying.

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Like the way you think,

Funny you put up this post Mosca As I just scored some ginormous jalapeños and am planning on making some awesome poppers Friday night.
          Got these cheese blocks from my local supermarket. Click image for larger version

Name:	399A7949-A17A-4D2A-919E-602762EE66C8.jpeg
Views:	265
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1162592 Click image for larger version

Name:	D888519C-624A-4420-A409-FF6CA9932AA7.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1162593 Click image for larger version

Name:	5770D82A-1C83-4322-BDB3-00C54379DCEA.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1162594

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Bones Steve B Like the Burning Ring of Fire! In the middle of the night, you reach for the Vaseline and grab the Vic's
            Last edited by bbqLuv; January 21, 2022, 07:40 AM.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Those gonna be gangster!

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, them gonna POP allright!

Sounds delicious. I like the spicy stuff.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup! +1

I'm in, Brothers

BTW, fer them what's NOT fonda this kinda heat level, ya can always shred, mix in with milder cheese(s)...

These peppers has they own flavour, not jus heat, an bring many unique an delicious thangs to th table...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Donw mebbe a cheap, holistic, steroids / antibiotics-free / , totally organic means of self-cremation???

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I am a chili head too. Favorite chips are the Paqui Haunted Ghost Chili Chips. Eat them by the bag. Had a bag of them I was eating in my office once. One of my managers came in to talk, and asked if he could have one. Started coughing and grabbed a water bottle right out of my fridge. About a month later, same manager came in. I had some reaper pecans one of the sales reps had made for me in a little dish on my desk. He grabbed a handful and popped them in his mouth.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            That day he burned 6 hour of sick time (pun intended). At what point does he figure it out? Maybe I shouldn't have promoted him, doesn't seem too bright...

Mosca I think some people are overlooking the protection from internal parasites that Carolina Reapers provide. Just a little dab'll do ya. I think your cheese looks fantastic and I wish I lived closer so I could come over and mooch the cheese.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Word!

This is doable. I made an omelet with reaper cheese, potatoes and onions. It is pleasantly warming, there’s good burn but little afterburn. I did use about half the cheese I normally would, out of initial caution.

Mrs Mosca would be on fire from this. Greenhorns, please do not apply. But pepperheads would ask for more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3FA04DF2-9429-4B04-B413-559C8D14C9EE.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	1163271

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Colour Me Droolin, worse than normal...

Ohhh what about reaper scalloped taters, or reaper sausage balls!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Can I pick :BOTH"???

An a pint of reaper cole slaw, as well...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; January 22, 2022, 11:36 AM. Reason: sp.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Bones GENIUS!

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Bones GENIUS!
            Ditto,
            That does sound interesting.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here