Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked cream cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked cream cheese

Anyone do the smoked cream cheese block? I’ve heard of it, but don’t know details for how long, temp, etc. How does it taste?

Oh yeah. I did 2 for Thanksgiving. I did them at 225 on. my Grilla Silverbac for a couple of hours. I followed this recipe:

https://www.meatchurch.com/blogs/rec...d-cream-cheese

However I used different rubs. I did one block with Grilla AP rub and the other one with a a Rib Rub I found in my cupboard.

I did them in 12 aluminum pan and then filled them with pita chips after pulling them and served it as an app. Excellent.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210820_153940_resize_58.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	377.7 KB
ID:	1137859

Name:	20210820_153946_02.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	1137860

Name:	20210820_180215~2.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1137861 ​​​​

Name:	20210820_181200~2_resize_7.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	1137858

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        With a side of habanero heat. Looks fantastic Sir.
        Oh boy.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        holehogg They were minced and added to the cream cheese. Tasty and hot.

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Just freakin' WOW!

Awesome! Thanks for recipe and pictures. I will have to try this.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto, I repeat,

See, the problem with this kind of post is I read it right before bed time... now I'm hungry...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Run outta Salmon, already???

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Ain't that the truth.

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        I never read AR after dinner.

I do them at 200 for 2 hours, just seems easier to remember that way. Cutting the cross hatch pattern in the top might deepen the smoke flavor, but if not still makes for an interesting presentation. You'll field several "why didn't it melt into a blob" questions.

Comment

I did 4 blocks with different rubs/spices on my Grid Iron pellet smoker at 225 for 2 hours all in an aluminum 1/2 pan.
        They all needed more time in the smoke and more rub - be liberal with it. Good luck trying to stay away from it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here