Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cameroonian spaghetti omelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameroonian spaghetti omelet

It’s just a thing. Some leftover spaghetti (I had linguini), equal parts green pepper, tomato, and onion. Some eggs. I used 3. It calls for a Maggi cube, I don’t have one but I have liquid Maggi so I used that. (Maggi is like soy sauce, so don’t salt it until you taste it.) And then basically you do what makes sense. It’s a street food thing, you don’t need to know what you’re doing really.

Mix the eggs and the veggies (sorry about the focus)

Click image for larger version

Name:	4EBCCE34-0F2A-4FEC-8876-5A6984F92E7C.jpeg
Views:	332
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	1179303

Start browning the spaghetti in some oil over medium heat

Name:	33C09483-7D65-453B-BD30-37A04B1D5EFD.jpeg
Views:	341
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	1179304

When the spaghetti is heated up, add the egg mixture evenly and cover.

Name:	28866BB2-8DEA-46C0-917C-4D2AC6F48194.jpeg
Views:	343
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	1179305

When it’s brownish on the bottom, flip it. You can slide it onto a plate, put the pan over top, and invert.

Name:	6293C4EB-6A2D-4C8B-BA2D-E36CB4351705.jpeg
Views:	378
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	1179306

Let it brown a little bit, and cut and serve!

Name:	ED6247B5-50F0-450C-AA83-F3C3E4E43756.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1179307

That’s Laganmao chili crisp as a condiment.

This actually gets served as a sandwich, in a long soft roll with mayonnaise. I didn’t have any rolls. But I don’t think it would make a difference, the roll is just a way to eat street food on the street.

Anyone who has eaten an omelet knows what it is going to taste like. This is a texture thing. It’s a happy texture, and it’s an interesting way to stretch eggs. It’s worth trying once just for the variety, and also to use up leftover spaghetti. You can cut it into quarters and feed breakfast to the family!

Doing it for its own sake because it’s the best way to make eggs? Nah. You don’t see it at breakfast buffets in Vegas for a reason. It’s peasant food. It’s something a street vendor in Cameroon can make a living dishing out all day. But it’s fun, and filling. I’ll probably never do it again, but it was fun to do once.

Well, it's interesting. Not sure I'm gonna try it anytime soon, but it's tucked away in the memory bank for "one of those days"

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      For a day when you have leftover spaghetti. That’s why I did it.

Always looking for new things to do with leftovers and eggs! We have chicken and ducks so are often arse deep in fresh eggs.

Comment

Now I know the difference.
      Great idea BTW​​

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        And the next one wider is fettuccine!

My mom would fry left over spaghetti with egg and veggies just like this and then add some cheese and chili!! Thanks for the remind....gotta do this soon!!

Comment

Looks good, but I'd suggest a nomenclature upgrade........add some pizzazz........... How about "Stargazer Frittata".

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          I try to use it every day, it is developing a nice seasoning.

I'm going to make this next time we have leftover spaghetti. I love pasta the next day, particularly spaghetti.

Comment

This is quite interesting to me. Looks delicious honestly. I love eggs, pasta, the veggies....what's not to love?

Comment

What is this thing you call leftover spaghetti?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here