Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another pastrami cheater!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless the producer packed a flat in there by mistake.

Comment

From now on, all my briskets, I'm separating the point and flats - turning the flats into pastrami, and points into burnt ends.

Comment

The last four years just prior to St. Patty's day Walmart and Sam's in my area will have corned beef points for $2.98/lb (flats were $3.29/lb) and I will pick up 8-10 because I know I can make some great pastrami through the year. Made with Meathead's Close to Katz's Pastrami rub of course.
        Attached Files

Comment

I do the same, Redwng , except for this year of course when Covid concerns clipped my wings, shopping-in-personwise, that is. I've found corned beef points only at Walmart each year. They're great for the Close-to-Katz' pastrami recipe. Easy peasy and oh so delicious.

Kathryn
          Last edited by fzxdoc; December 18, 2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

It looks like a separated point to me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here