Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Rib on pellet grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Rib on pellet grill

I've smoked prime rib before, but never on a pellet grill. Any adaptations necessary?

In my opinion no adjustments to the recipe are necessary, do the same temps are you done in the past. there probably will be differences in cook time because pellet grills with digital controllers hold temperature tighter than most other kinds of smokers. As long as you're cooking by internal temperature not cook time you'll be fine.

Comment

Yep exactly. Don't forget your water pan underneath as well!

Comment

i politely disagree on using a water pan in a pellet grill unless its for catching dripping for gravy. Ive never used one in 10 years and never seen one used, but that doesnt mean you cant try it (both ways) experimenting is the fun part.

Comment

Definitely experiment with and without one. I have found i get some amazing results with the water tray in my Pellet grill but i do agree with you, not needed - and as you say, definitely needed if you're catching the drippings

Comment

But who doesn't want those wonderful beef drippings for gravy? Catch the drippings, if you don't you don't have the option to make gravy.

I was just reviewing the Amazing Ribs article on reverse sear. I'm doing a beautiful prime beef tenderloin big butt end (cut the tapering front part up for steaks). I only hope that I can achieve the results in the tenderloin photo on that page! I will catch drippings and I will cook on the MAK 2 star.

Comment

• Papa Bob
              Papa Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              you are a girl after my own heart WHO DOSEN"T WANT DRIPPINGS for Jus or gravy

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here