Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steak fajitas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steak fajitas

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210417_163920.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	1019305Click image for larger version

Name:	20210417_163932.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	1019306 I made the fajitas today. Oh my god they are great. Everyone loved them.

Just over 3# tri-tip meat.
    Night before:
    Trimmed off fat.
    Applied SPG. 2, 2, 1.

Applied Worcestershire
    Applied Black seasoning.
    Put meat on.
    Smoke at 225 until IT is 130°.

1 hour later
    IT 130-132.
    Seared it over hot open fire for 10 minutes.

Slices up meat against the grain.
    Cut up 2 green bell peppers, 2 red bell pepper. 2 onions.
    Stirred in some olive oil.

Put veggies on griddle.
    When 1/2 done, added meat.
    When nearly done added some worcestershire.
    Continued to stir fry until done.
    Placed everything in large bowl.
    Added salt, pepper, lime juice, and worcestershire to taste.

Amazing good. Tender.
    Just a hint of lime.
    Last edited by Joetee; April 17, 2021, 08:52 PM.

The Tri-Tip looks amazing. Would like to see the rest of that cook. 💪

Comment

• Joetee
      Joetee commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't take any other photos this time. I'm planning on making them again and I will. I didn't know how these were going to come out. The meat was real tender.

One of my favorite meals. Yours sound better. Well done!

Comment

• Joetee
      Joetee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you but better? I don't know. This was my first time making fajitas.
      But they did come out awesome thanks to the guys here that offered there help and idea.

Garlic?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
      Garlic?
      2 part pepper 2 parts salt
      1 part garlic.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I normally mince the garlic in with the peppers and onions, but you have it in the rub.

That looks great. Thanks for the detailed instructions. Just what I needed!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here