Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenji's take on Red Beans and Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grantgallagher
    replied
    That is a really interesting article. Unless im crazy it goes contrary to the advice of rancho gordo in that you shouldnt add salt until the end of the cook because it will make the beans tougher. Now im fully intrigued.

Leave a comment:

• Andrrr
    replied
    My sincere sympathies to you on account of your wife not eating any kind of sausage. That caveat would be a hard one to accommodate around here.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    De nada!

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    Mucho grassyass. ;<) More (not so) bilingualism.

• FireMan
    replied
    Man, I’ve been thinkin of beans & rice! Gracias, muchos! (A little bi-lingualism there fer ya.)

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    I need to try this. Thank you for the share.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    started a topic Kenji's take on Red Beans and Rice

Kenji's take on Red Beans and Rice

I saw this today and thought some here might be interested. I've never made it from scratch because my wife hates sausage -any type of sausage, and doesn't even like to smell it cooking... So I can't comment on it, but you can.

I wanted to edit this post, but the emoji below prevented that. So I deleted the post, but the emoji did not delete. I retyped the post hoping I could then delete, but it's still here...

Last edited by RonB; May 10, 2021, 06:08 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here