Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Wood Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    hitchslap, This definitely is a recipe I am going to Try! 👍👍👍👍👍 Thanks, Dan

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Looks good, I just watched a video of someone doing authentic crispy pork belly and they used vinegar, applying several times during the cook and it made it super crispy. I'm gonna try it on my next turkey, I will figure it out one way or another.

Leave a comment:

• hitchslap
    started a topic John Wood Chicken

John Wood Chicken

John Wood Chicken Barbecue Sauce is a take on Church Chicken (i think)

John Wood was an Elmore, OH native known for chicken cooks and bicycle repair. His chicken was the best around when I was a kid.

A link to a newspaper article that talks about John and some of his recipes is at:

John's Basic Chicken BBQ Sauce
    1 pint cider vinegar
    1 pint water
    2 ounces salt
    1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
    fresh or powdered garlic to taste

Combine all ingredients in saucepan and keep warm on edge of grill to baste.

I remember having this chicken as a kid and i distinctly remember crispy skin. How do you achieve crispy skin with a baste?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here