Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas BBQ Juice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas BBQ Juice

I just made a batch of MH's Texas BBQ Juice for a brisket I'm doing in a couple of days. I hope I have some left when the brisket is done, because he's right when he said this stuff is good enough to drink!!

I like to mix it half-and-half with the KC sauce for burnt ends.

Comment

I love that stuff.

Comment

Man that stuff is magic. I make it even when I am not doing brisket and put it on chuck roasts. I think I am going to try it as a jerky marinade next.
        Last edited by klflowers; November 2, 2021, 02:19 PM. Reason: Put it on chuck roasts.

Comment

One of my favorites too!

Comment

What am I missing out on?
            Can you post a link wrgilb

Comment

• wrgilb
              wrgilb commented
              Editing a comment
              GolfGeezer's got it.

Steve B i think they are referring to this:

In Texas the traditional barbecue sauce recipe is usually more like a tomato soup, thin and spicy, it penetrates the meat.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks my friend. 💪

Guess I’m to damn lazy to look this stuff up myself. 🤦🏼

• Bkhuna
              Bkhuna commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. I'm always on the hunt for things like this. Can't wait to try it.

Originally posted by wrgilb View Post
            I just made a batch of MH's Texas BBQ Juice for a brisket I'm doing in a couple of days. I hope I have some left when the brisket is done, because he's right when he said this stuff is good enough to drink!!
            Thanks for posting this,
            It was perfect timing as I was going to look up a peppery TX style sauce that wasn'ttoo thick or sweet.
            I'm gonna make a batch of this for my rib cook this weekend. I'll follow Meathead's lead and use tallow. I wish I had some smoked tallow handy.
            JD

Comment

I will try it on my next brisket!

Comment

Yes,
                I’m going to use this instead of a spritz.
                JD

Comment

Originally posted by rlozinak View Post
                  I will try it on my next brisket!
                  Doing some math. Ribs are more than twice the price per pound than brisket. Also, roughly 1/2 the weight of ribs is bone, which widens the price gap between ribs and brisket.
                  That being said, I've changed my cook this weekend from ribs to brisket.
                  I said that to say, I'm most def doing MH's TX BBQ juice. I'll use it as a mop, instead of spritzing.
                  JD

Comment

I often don't spritz/mop, but I serve it on the side as a dipping sauce.

Comment

I have a good question about the Texas Mop Ssuce. The recipe calls for 1 tbps of butter for sweeting the medium onion, the four cloves of garlic and the bell pepper. There is NO WAY
                      1 tbps is enough butter for that. It would take MUCH more butter than 1 tbps - if using 3 tbps would that still be appropriate among of butter, would that be too much and mess up the sauce?

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
                        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Extra butter ain't gonna hurt nuthin' - 'cept maybe your arteries.

Ghawtho I made this fairly recently. There is no way extra butter is gonna hurt. This sauce allows for a lot of play.

Comment

Sounds good just gotta watch the butter though, the males in my family died in their 60’s with heart complications.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here