Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheesy Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheesy Bread

Buy a loaf of French or Italian Bread
    cut it in half then split both halves. Cut into serving size pieces if desired
    1/2 cup Hellman's mayo (nothing else will do!)
    4 - 6 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (shred your own, it's better)
    healthy dash of garlic salt
    healthy dash of dried parsley

Mix up everything from mayo down and spread on the bread pieces. Toast in a 350 oven until browned. If you're going to freeze these for later use, take out of the oven sooner. These reheat nicely in the oven, smoker, even microwave if you're in a hurry.

Thank you!

Comment

Nice! I will say, however, that I'm a Duke's convert. It's got twang!!

Comment

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Duke's Fan here in MN too. I need to order or travel a bit to find Dukes but well worth the effort IMO.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too! I got on the Duke's bandwagon after reading about it here on the Pit. It really is better than all the other mayo out there in my mind.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        I ordered some Duke's online once and didn't see what the fuss was about. Now they carry it at my local WalMart, but I stick with Hellman's. And Miracle Whip ain't allowed in my home.

Thanks CandySueQ !

Comment

Ya got my mouth waterin'.

Comment

I've got some no-knead bread been rising since last night on the kitchen counter, was gonna drop it in a hot dutch oven, but may shape it into a French bread like loaf and bake just to try this recipe with instead...

Comment

• CandySueQ
            CandySueQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Save the good stuff! Get a "we made too much" loaf and make it with that.

CandySueQ, I made this tonight for my wife’s birthday dinner. It was a big hit with everyone there. Great recipe. Thanks.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Happy belated Birthday, to yer Missus...

Kewpie Mayo (the Japanese version, not the American one) has nudged aside my lifelong devotion to Duke's. Never thought I'd say those words.

Thanks for the recipe, Candy Sue.

Kathryn

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            I keep seeing STCG using that, and I keep telling myself I need to try it. We just don't use a lot of mayo around here, 'cept when we make deviled eggs, usually twice a year. Luckily, one of those two times is coming up soon. lol

On the menu for Wednesday night, thanks for posting!

Comment

Did a pre-guest trial cook, over dashed garlic salt, will adjust for guests tomorrow 😁
            Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha, I tried it last night and over-dashed the parsley! I didn't like the bread I chose so I'm going to go with a sourdough baguette next time. This recipe is a winner, though!

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              CaptainMike Hey, you only got greens in your teeth, Santa won’t come down my chimney with my garlic breath in the house!

• CandySueQ
              CandySueQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Toast that a bit more, it looks gooey!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here