Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing a good Banh Mi Sandwich Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing a good Banh Mi Sandwich Recipe

Alright folks, the wife has fallen in love with a banh mi sandwich from our favorite Asian restaurant. She’s asked if I could fix one like it....wellI I don’t know if I can but I’ll give it the ole college try.
    I’m looking for an Asian bbq pork I’m leaning towards a shoulder cut but not sure since shes never let me have a bite...Ha. Also I’m leaning towards some fresh semi sweet quick pickled veggies. For the bread I think a small French roll would work great.

Does anyone have some suggestions or recipes they like? Starting tomorrow I have the next 18 days off on vacation so I’ll have plenty of time to practice...👍👍

I highly suggest this! I’ve made multiple times, and people rave about it! It is one of the best I’ve had!

This rich and flavor packed tested recipe for our smoked pork belly version of the classic Vietnamese banh mì sandwich is sure to make your knees buckle. The recipe hits all the right notes for a perfect banh mì, including succulent BBQ pork belly burnt ends, spicy jalapeños, savory mayo, and tangy pickled veggies.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I’ve cooked pork belly a ton but she doesn’t seem to be a big fan. Too rich for her I think.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Dadof3Illinois in that case, the seasoning can carry over to the pulled pork, or whatever cut of meat you would like to use. Beef bahn mi is great as well.

But, your plan for the pickled veg will help with that richness of the pork. But, again, any cut will work. The flavor in the recipe is brought about by the seasoning. It’s really great!
      Last edited by barelfly; December 17, 2020, 09:08 PM.

I like to smoke pork belly and after it's all cooled I slice it and pan fry it to cook off some fat and crisp it up. For veggies I pickle julienned daikon and carrots in sweetened rice wine vinegar with fish sauce. I like the jalapenos fresh but you might want them pickled too. And cilantro is a must. I drizzle hoisin and sriracha on the veggie stack. Mayo and or pâté on the bagette.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      I love smoked thick sliced pork belly grilled with a pepper jelly glaze...yum! But she’s just not a big fan.
      I have a char sui marinade but I’m not sure that’s the flavor she’s wanting. I wish I would have taken a bite to know the profile.
      Yea, I like your idea of adding fish sauce to the pickle and instead of using a sweet pickle I’m thinking of using some of the cowboy candied jalapeños we have.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here