Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cashew Chicken-ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cashew Chicken-ish

Huskee Not sure if this should be here or SUWYC Fall....... liked the prep of the chicken in one recipe (little cornstarch and s&p as opposed to full on breading). Liked the sauce in another recipe. I added red bell because it looks good and I had to use it up. Garnished with scallions. Steam rice. Egg rolls made with my SE Asian sausage and glass noodles, not shown: cold sesame cucumbers. Overall, very tasty. This meal brought to you by the color brown. 😂😂😂
    Attached Files

That looks delicious . Love cashew chicken, kung pao chicken, mushroom chicken. Heck, I love chicken. It all looks really tasty. Great job.

Comment

Yes! Yum!!!! Cashew chicken!

Comment

It looks Really Good, Sister!!!

Plenty of colour goin on, thanks to yer innovation, an need to utilize what was in th icebox.! Kudos!

In answer to yer question, well, I'd go right ahead on, post it over at SUWYC Fall;as ya can see, many of us do both...

I gots me more questions bout how ya did / what ya did, (methodology) if ya ever feel like elaboratin... would love to hear more bout yer Spring Rolls, SE Asian Sausage, an so on...

Let er Rip, both places, Sez I!

Please, if / when ya find th time, an it ain't no secret, well, I'd Love to learn more, Please!

Fully appreciate th Sesame Street reference; spent a whole lotta quality couch time with my bouncin baby boy, B.1983, watchin it everyday. I'd buy th freakin boxset, an enjoy em all again, with him!

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Plus 1 (to everything stated above)
          Mr. Bones -My one and only, and the mother of my granddaughter, was also born in 1983. "It was a very good year"

Looks great. One of my favorites.

Comment

I'd eat all the cashews before they made into the dish....
          My wife learned this years ago so doubles up when buying and hides some.
          Great looking dish

Comment

That looks very tasty.

Comment

Mr. Bones here ya go, friend. Please know that while I am very methodical, I wing it more times than not. I am more than happy to share any recipes, procedures, etc. 👍🏼

This is the original sauce recipe. I subbed sherry vinegar for white vinegar. I subbed sweet chili sauce for sriracha (for fear of being too spicy). I omitted the sugar because of the sweet chili. The ginger ended up being about the size of a large jelly bean.

Sauce:
              • 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
              • 1/4 cup soy sauce
              • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
              • 1 tablespoon sriracha (optional)
              • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
              • 2 cloves fresh garlic, grated
              • a small piece of fresh ginger, grated

Sauce: stir all this together and set aside.

Chicken: b/s leg-thigh meat (about 1#) dredged with cornstarch and salt and pepper. I eyeballed everything here. And it’s not as heavy as a fully "crusted" piece of chicken like you get at fast food Chinese places.

Bringing it together: Hot pan, peanut oil (or mild oil); sauté chicken until just about done. Do it in batches if needed. Deglaze with a splash of wine (I had a Chardonnay on hand). Add the red bell and cashews. Sauté a little more. I like to keep the bell pepper crisp. Add the chicken and sauce back to pan and simmer for a few more minutes to heat through. The cornstarch really makes a nice sauce. Garnish with scallions. Serve over steamed rice.

Egg rolls: my shop makes a "south East Asian" sausage with pork, Thai bird chili’s, lemongrass and garlic. I used it with glass noodles, Napa cabbage, carrots and ginger. Rolled and fried. Last night was egg rolls that had been frozen since mid-august. Proving that these are very freezable. I made a dozen at first. Served with sweet chili and hot mustard.

Sesame Street rocks!

Comment

Nice work, SheilaAnn!

Comment

That looks pretty tasty!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here