Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS! Panhead John Buys Wok…Entire Country Enthralled! 🙄

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREAKING NEWS! Panhead John Buys Wok…Entire Country Enthralled! 🙄

According to our sources at the Associated Press, world renowned chef Panhead John has just purchased a cheap ass $20. wok and is supposedly very happy with it! Not much else is known, except that he is reportedly going to release a statement soon. His throngs of fans world wide are currently waiting with baited breath to hang on his every word!

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM PANHEAD JOHN:
    As has been reported through various media outlets, I went into my local Bed, Bath and Beyond today and purchased a cheap ass $20. wok from a new line that they are carrying. That line is called…Our Table. I was torn between buying the 14” or the 12” flat bottomed wok they had to offer. Stay with me, this is where it gets exciting! 🙄 …..I went with the 12”! It’s a carbon steel flat bottom wok with a Non-Stick coating.

It actually did a great job and I was impressed. I did a chicken stir fry with it tonight. The bottom of the pan fit flat on my flattop electric stove, no wobble, and was heavy enough that I could turn the food easily without it sliding across the stove. This is my first wok and I wanted to treat it just like I do my women…..don’t spend a lot of dough until I see how it works out.

Bed, Bath and Beyond pic is the 14” model which is $35.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; November 19, 2021, 01:07 PM.

,You will like having a wok. Fast, healthy, but most importantly: tasty meals whenever you want them.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Healthy...

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to throw that in there so PJ can justify eating more fried food.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      You lost me at healthy....

Wok this way my friend…….

Comment

You sir are a maniac. In the words of Bugs Bunny.

Love ya brother. You make us laugh our asses off all the time. Keep it up. 👊

Comment

What is the expected improvement of a wok over the DnG you used a few days ago?

(I don’t own a wok or a DnG)

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes perfect sense. Thanks guys.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I love my flat top outside, but when weather is bad I do plenty of stir fry in a 14" flat bottomed wok on my stove.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the Drip n Griddle because 1. It protects my kettle from all the drippings, etc from the food I am cooking and 2. It works great for holding a spatchcocked chicken on the indirect side of the kettle. I don’t see it as a good option for something like wok’ing a stir fry.

stay tuned for wok-up announcement

Comment

Well, Joker, you talk the talk, do you wok the wok?

Last edited by CaptainMike; November 19, 2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

with these added skills, We are expecting a wok off dinner now….

Comment

Yup, had to go there: Dionne Warwick - Walk On By (Stereo) - YouTube

Comment

This entire post seems self-centered and designed to garner attention. Also, what does it have to do with BBQ? Plus, no more pictures. Describe your cook in words.

Be off with you now

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                Bring out your dead!

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Tune in tomorrow when I post my daily events from the last year. Kinda like a diary.

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                So PJ, what did you eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? And, if anything was less than McD’s quality standards…let us know. WORDS ONLY.
                Last edited by STEbbq; November 18, 2021, 10:07 PM.

Now you can wok around the clock. (Only a few old farts like me will get this....)

Comment

Now known as Wokhead John.

Comment

Wow! Wonders never cease! If yer interested Grace Young has a couple of books that will take you to the "sky’s Edge". Also Kenji Lopez/Alt has a substantial tome coming out in March titled The Wok. Congrats, it is a great cookin tool.

Comment

• barelfly
                  barelfly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can’t wait for The Wok in March!

I see tofu in your future....

Comment

Now that you have had it for a few days, can you wok like an Egyptian?

Comment

• Old Glory
                    Old Glory commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Susanna Hoffs - Va va va voom!

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They only became famous after I started dating her. 🙄

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    She's an ageless beauty

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here