Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shrimp Ramen Recipe Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp Ramen Recipe Wanted

Looking for a Shrimp Ramen Recipe that someone has actually made / ate and enjoyed.

I will not be making the actual noodles. Suggestions on a better noodle to buy are welcomed.

I can be convinced on making my own broth / stock but buying one will also work for me.

Any information will be welcome.

Thanks

Steve

watching

Comment

Sun Ramen noodles are good. They are fresh not dried. The flavor packets are all liquids and are very tasty. We can buy them in our asian food stores. If you can't find a store then you could buy them on line. Sun Noodle North America

So, ramen for me is pretty basic. I'll use a leftover protein and match the flavoring to that. Their spicy sesame might be good with shrimp. Then I usually make ramen eggs - still slightly runny hard boiled eggs. After that it's whatever you want to throw in there. I usually have green onions, bok choy, radishes and sesame seeds. Anything really.

If you want to make the broth, well, that's a whole other kettle of fish. That's what real ramen afficianados talk about when discussing ramen. For me, its about the noodles and combos of ingredients.

Comment

Agree on Sun Noodles. I can find them fairly easily at Whole Foods and Wegmans in the refrigerated or freezer section, respectively. They have a few flavors (shoyu, miso and tan tan if I remember correctly) and also just sell the plain noodles - only real difference is the full ramen ones have two packets of tare/soup concentrate. Something like $5 for the soup ones and $2-3 for the noodles only

I also usually add a ramen egg (boiled for exactly 6:30 and then put in ice bath) and some scallions if I have them.

I haven't gone through the homemade ramen broth rabbit hole yet and usually doctor up store bought ramen. Thats part of the reason the Sun Noodles are good (besides the great noodles) in that they are just broth and noodles and good to add whatever you want. I've added leftover ribs, pastrami to the Shoyu ramen and ground chicken to the tan tan ramen, etc.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here