Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fried Rice Recipe.. Nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fried Rice Recipe.. Nice

I found this and did it tonight. Sorry it was rice so no pictures. Had with leftover leg o" lamb. I did sub in brown rice and I was a bit heavy on the soy sauce. Used the C.I. skillet, as a dummy got rid of the wok years ago. I scaled it to 1/2 and ate it all. This is the scaled at 1/2 of the 8 servings.

Here is the link I found it.
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/79...taurant-style/

Copied from Paprika.

Fried Rice Restaurant Style

Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Servings: serving: 8
    Ingredients:
    1 cup enriched white rice
    2 cups water
    1/3 cup chopped baby carrots
    1/4 cup frozen green peas
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 eggs
    soy sauce to taste
    1 tablespoon sesame oil, to taste

Directions:
    In a saucepan, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
    In a small saucepan, boil carrots in water about 3 to 5 minutes. Drop peas into boiling water, and drain.
    Heat wok over high heat. Pour in oil, then stir in carrots and peas; cook about 30 seconds. Crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables. Stir in cooked rice. Shake in soy sauce, and toss rice to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil, and toss again.

Notes:

Nutrition:
    Per Serving: 261 calories; protein 5.8g; carbohydrates 39.7g; fat 8.4g; cholesterol 46.5mg; sodium 380.9mg. Full Nutrition
    Source: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/79...taurant-style/

Gonna make some fried rice this week. I'll try the sesame oil addition. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I love fried rice, by people not named Jerod. Maybe I'll give another go Saturday after I put the meat smoking.

Comment

Cook your rice a day in advance, cool it on a sheet pan so it doesn't clump up. Cold rice, better fried rice.
        Scramble your eggs separately, add them after your rice and veggies have fried. That high heat when "frying" your rice veggies will ruin your eggs.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          Good advice on the "day old" rice, it also desiccates slightly which let's it crisp a bit. To skip the pan spread mambo cut back the water to 1 3/4 cup, cook for 20 min as shown, and then without removing the lid let it rest for 10 min. Never clumps and is fully cooked.

• Dadof3Illinois
          Dadof3Illinois commented
          Editing a comment
          We just go grab a couple orders of plain rice from the local Asian Restaurant a day or two before we cook fried rice...

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          This is what I do. The eggs go onto the flat top the last couple of minutes, after everything else has been combined into the rice. They cook very fast, and then get incorporated right before I take the fried rice off the griddle. I would do it the same way in a wok - just make a hole in the bottom of the wok in the middle of the rice, cook the eggs in it last thing, then incorporate throughout the rice.

Good recipe. Will give it a shot. Like Ernest I cook the rice the day before. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

My rice to water ratio is 1:1.5. Tight lid on pot, as soon as water start boiling on stovetop, move to 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes

Comment

Thanks for this, I will give it a try.

Comment

I buy frozen mixed veggies for my fried rice.

Comment

I agree with Uncle Roger on fried rice. He has Youtube videos. Search there for "uncle roger fried rice."

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here