Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corn soufflé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn soufflé

We were invited to dinner. Our friends Mari and Jim are awesome, but he doesn’t cook, and she makes no pretense about being able to cook anything except maybe half a dozen things, recipes passed down from her Mom. Well, one of those is a sweet corn soufflé that is really good. So, she gave me the recipe. I made it, and it is easily replicable (it came out the same in my kitchen) and really good. It scales well, so it is good for large groups.

Corn Soufflé

2-12 oz cans whole kernel corn
    ½ cup butter
    ½ cup sugar
    1 TBS flour
    ½ cup evaporated milk
    2 eggs, well beaten
    1 ½ tsp baking powder
    Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In medium sauce pan, heat ½ cup butter with ½ cup sugar until butter is melted. Stir in flour until well blended. Remove from heat.

Gradually stir in milk, eggs, baking powder; mix well. Fold in corn. Turn into buttered 1 qt casserole. Sprinkle cinnamon to cover top. Let set overnight or at least 1 hour.

Cook 45 min to 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.

My buddy makes a great corn soufflé. Whenever he asks what he should bring over to the BBQ I always say corn soufflé. His is maybe not a true soufflé because it has cornmeal in it but it’s awesome none the less.

Comment

Oh boy does that sound good. The perfect side for bbq. I had never heard of it before but now that I have, it’s on the menu for my next Q. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'm off sweets until the 30th. I wonder if I could half this dude since it's just me?

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          The recipe scales well. She had made it double, I made it as written and it came out tasting the same.

Looking at it, I see no problem halving the sugar. Also, I think honey would work instead of white sugar.

I too have had to cut sweet things drastically. I need to get my A1C under 7 again. I’m close. But it was waaaaay up there.

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm on a daily 12am to 4pm fast until the 29th and figured cutting sweets out would be good as well. Mosca

Truth BBQ does a version of corn soufflé and I love it. I may give This a try and see if it comes close to what they serve. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here