Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for good quality ceramic briquettes for my gas grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for good quality ceramic briquettes for my gas grill

Hey folks, any suggestions on a good brand of replacement ceramic briquettes for a gas grill? I have a large Costco Grand Classic with 5 burners and 792 sq. in. Of grill space. It's now 10 years old and the ceramic bricks are cracking and the heat is really uneven. The ones I have now are sort of double-size bisquets (2.5" x 6") and it have 30 that sit atop the steel plates. These seem to be unique as I have only seen the standard square ones, about 3" sqr. The other type of seen online are the perforated "wafer" style in various sizes. Comments on Amazon seem to favor these wafer ones, but many say they crack during shipping and/or if they are moist prior to heating up. Any suggestions? Thanks much!

Hmmm... Gasser's are quick and easy. But... They are gasser's. They are like your stove or oven, they don't bring flavor to your food.

Charcoal or wood will step up your BBQ game.

I'm just sayin...

Comment

Well I actually do have both a Weber Kettel and a Rec Tec pellet smoker, but when doing something quick that is really more grilling such as shrimp, chicken breasts, veggies and so on, I do still like my gasser. Tonight for example I bought some pre-marinaded flanken short ribs from Trader Joes and in minutes we had dinner. But as I said, time to get new ceramic bricks fir a more even cook.

Comment

I wish I could offer some help but aside from Google or Amazon, which it sounds like you've already done, I'm useless here.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          You sir are far from that!

That does seem like an odd size Ken. I'd be lost without a gasser in the line up.

Have you checked these folks out?

http://www.grill-parts.com/
        Last edited by Jon Solberg; July 18, 2015, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks Jon, I'll give that a try. I may have to settle with either using about 70 of the smaller size bisquets , or try the newer wafer style that folks seems to like, and just lay them across the plates. May not fit perfect but not a big investment to try. I know many gas grill like Weber don't use these ceramic bricks at all anymore which is probably why there are so few options.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            No they don't but they do use flavor bars that act similar. I remember when lava rocks were the thing. Man that seems like a long time ago. Where the heck does time go? I'd be curious to hear how the wafer do if you go that route.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear ya Jon. Thats what my Dad had in his DCS gasser too. Now ceramic briquettes is all the rage.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis