Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time for pulled pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time for pulled pork

I'm having a number of freinds over this Sunday for BBQ. One of the items on the list will be pulled pork.( in addition to pork ribs, both styles of beef ribs, and brisket). Only problem is, I have never done pork shoulder before, or pulled pork. I'll be brave and dive in the deep end. Good news is I have amazing ribs cooking guide for pulled pork avaible to me. Between that and my Cookshack FEC100, I don't think I can screw it up too badly. Pray for me and my guests,lol.

my advice is start much earlier than you think you have to. good luck!

Comment

Just make sure you have some time built in for the dreaded "stall". That got me on my first time. Other than that, if you've done your homework here, you're golden.

Comment

You mentioned brisket, but not that it was a problem, if you can cook brisket then you're good.

Comment

Send PICS!!!!

mhmmmm pork butt....

Comment

I've been smoking and grilling for years. Never heard the term, the stall, until a few months ago, from reading both here and Aaron Franklins book. I also never owned a temp probe before that time. There's a lot I didn't know or do until recently. Now that I have seen the light, I don't feel as intimidated, and that I actually know what I'm doing, and why. i really havnt thought much about pulled pork until some recent reads online, now I can't wait.

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              You're gonna love it!

• barney
              barney commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, you might not get any, its that good. But you'll be snacking as you pull it.
              As mentioned, give yourself time along with the brisket & you'll do fine.

• Dr ROK
              Dr ROK commented
              Editing a comment
              With an FEC 100 ( I'm jealous) you should have some awesome pulled pork. Just use MH's recipe and give yourself plenty of time.

DeusDingo gave you GREAT advice.......start the PB MUCH earlier than you think you need to! Don't forget to leave extra time to cambro. I didn't cambro at first, but boy, what a difference it makes!
            Last edited by richinlbrg; July 17, 2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I agree, if you can do a Brisket, you can easily so a pork Butt

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis