Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime grade brisket vs. aged choice grade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime grade brisket vs. aged choice grade

Has anyone had the opportunity to dry age a choice grade brisket for 30 days or so and compare it to a fresh prime grade brisket?

Did you mean to type dry age, or perhaps wet age? I know lots of folks here wet age them 28-40 days. Dry aging can be a tricky thing to get into.

Comment

I just realized I didn't read your question carefully enough, apologies. That is a great question though. My guess is there'll be little difference.

Comment

I have had good luck dry aging choice cuts of new york and prime from Costco. Wanted to know if anyone has tried either method, now that you mention it. Is real dry aging possible in a fridge? Perhaps the weight loss in the choice grade offsets the higher price of prime grade?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis