Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ on Pluto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ on Pluto

Congrats to the folks who made the mission to Pluto successful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's start planning the first BBQ event on Pluto right away!

I'll bring oysters. And some of my magic charbroiled oyster sauce. And hopefully someone will throw in some wood and fire starter. Because the moonshine will NOT be fire starter...at least for the food.

Comment

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooohhhhh! Oysters! Yes! I'll bring margaritas!

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Any chance you'd share your oyster sauce? I've got some recipes I'd be willing to trade for it.

• IvyH
      IvyH commented
      Editing a comment
      Basics are butter, rosemary, garlic, finely ground black/red peppercorn, and other stuff I'll reveal once we get there.

Doesn't it take like 9 years or more to travel there? Going to have to bring a lot of charcoal to keep the temp up. Its colder than a witches ...

Comment

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      But imagine the honor of being the first BBQer on Pluto!!!!!!!!!

I'll bring my kettle and my SnS. Ohh and a lot of beer... Also tons of frozen meat and flour to make bread...And Bourbon and Scotch and Wine - you know to help keep us warm... And all that charcoal... Yeah i'm gonna need a really big space shuttle ...

Comment

Thorogood: "One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer..."

Comment

• Rick13175
        Rick13175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Clock on the wall says: last call... for alcohol. That's why I have a beer fridge--don't gotta worry bout no clock on the wall.

[Finally gets to Pluto]

[Sets grill up]

[Tries to light coals]

"Dang. No oxygen."

[Heads home]

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
        Steve Vojtek commented
        Editing a comment
        That's funny it made me laugh... But apparently Pluto has a subsurface layer of water ice - It would be theoretically possible to extract this ice and melt it. Water or H2O contains hydrogen and oxygen. Using electrolysis they could be separated providing fuel and oxygen. Of course doing it on a large enough scale to sustain life on Pluto and enable BBQ'ing would be impossible at this time . And how would someone post pics of their cooks? Can you imagine the lag?

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve Vojtek 4.6 billion miles (7.5 billion km) from Earth. I don't know how long that would take. I am pretty sure Verizon has coverage there though

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Has anyone thought to check with the EPA? All that CO & CO2, etc.?

richinlbrg that just made me laugh again. Brilliant. Yeah i think those Plutonians should clean up their act - if they ever want us to visit them just not a very good atmosphere for us. But Mars is so much closer ( only 225 million km's average - just a walk in the park? ) and we are sending people up there... In the next 10 years or so..2026 crew one departure 2027 crew one lands... I think Verizon's gonna need some really powerful satellites... BTW speaking of Mars " Total Recall " just started on tv here ... one of my favs..gotta watch it - i love Arnie..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis