Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 12 best BBQ places?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 12 best BBQ places?

OK, Q is such a personal thing rankings are difficult. Here is a list I ran across of the 12 best. Not trying to start a fight, but maybe some of you have eaten in some of these places.

Let us know!

http://m.tabelog.us/summary_articles...nts-in-america

OK, I'll bite. I've previously seen an almost identical list @yahoo.com. I think it's relatively silly. Big Bob Gibson's is the only place on the list I've been to and they have some solid Q. I personally like the white sauce but it isn't for everyone. Mesa? Although I've heard it's amazing, it is NOT BBQ! I think this list was made by someone reading trendy barbeque magazines and not actually knowing good Q...IMHO.

Comment

My family BBQ'd so much growing up, we never ate BBQ when we ate out. And with seafood so abundant in southwest Louisiana, and so gooood, hard to pass that stuff up.

Now with a Pit Barrel Cooker and a 22" Weber Kettle, I can't imagine paying for BBQ, especially since people pay me to cook their BBQ.

Comment

I love Joe's so I can't complain there, but ignoring most of TX in favor of the BBQ Mecca's of Jersey Shore, Indiana and Mexican food called BBQ in Vegas casts some doubts in my mind. I have tried the Memphis ones, not my style, the Vous is the only place I would go, but I admit I haven't tried all of em by far!

Comment

I guess I'm not alone, now that I can make some solid Q at home, I usually don't want to pay for someone else's interpretation. When I do, I almost always go for the brisket.
          I did have some pretty decent Q in Dublin when visiting my sister. Asked the waitress what kind of wood they used and her reply was "I don't really know... but there's great bloody stacks of it out back". (It's cuter if you read that with a THICK Irish accent)

Comment

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            And I did read that in Irish LOL

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis