Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Range Berkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Range Berkshire

I am psyched!

I just found a local farm to table source for free range Berkshire hogs. I picked up four pounds of belly and ordered a whole belly side. It's only slightly more expensive than going to the butcher and the belly I already bought looks very meaty. I can't wait to turn this into bacon!

-Alden

Good luck Alden!! That sounds like a great deal. I love makin' bacon!!

Comment

I have cooked Berkshire ribs once and it was a treat. The difference is night and day. You are lucky!!

Comment

I tried some and enjoyed it, just not enough capacity that I can find for how much of it I cook.

Comment

Awesome, I'd love to see some pics when you get the meat to see how different it looks from grocery store pork.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            A lot more red. I would suspect

It will remain in the freezer for a couple of weeks until I can get the free time to brine and smoke it. First appearances it is a little darker meat and there is more meat than fat.

-Alden

Comment

Berkshire pork = king of all pork.. You're gonna love it..

Comment

I'd say you found a gold mine! Local is best, and you can't beat the quality/taste. Good for you!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis