Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stopping by on the way.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopping by on the way.....

to the reading chair. Most of you probably know by now that I don't read cookbooks, often. OK, I bought Johnny Iuzzini's Sugar Rush but different! Most of the 'cook books' I buy are single topic type books. Ruhlman's Schmaltz, Egg, Ratio, 20 (I seem to be his fan, don't I?) and several others, Bread Baker's apprentice, Science and so on. Well, I have recently run across another.

it's called How Baking Works by Paula Figoni. When I bought it, I expected it to be a treatise on baking chemistry. which is what I wanted. but, it is actually BETTER. it is a course book including exercises and practice. this will be one that, upon finishing, will be a real addition to practical knowledge. I love cooking treated as chemistry. it makes it all marvelous. So, while the Sous Vide will be heating and the bacon has been smoked I'll be focusing on this. and, hopefully, getting back to the video editing. I have been under the weather for a couple of weeks, and not even up to editing. but I'm hoping to get back on track. Souffle up next, Pavlova behind it.

But I'm going to be reading this and putting it to great use. After Pavlova, I plan to do Macarons and then, a French pastry I absolutely love. I stumbled across it just surfing around. the first bit I read talked about melting together beeswax and butter. well, that's all it took. Canneles de Bordeaux are incredibly easy and absolutely delicious!!

So, I'll be about, baking. and there may be some extraneous pics to go with.

Meanwhile, just to keep the carnivores happy (myself among them) today's bacon smoke:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bacon just off the smoke.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	96041

Makon Bacon know what I mean.....

Comment

that looks excellent....nice job.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis