Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy's night and movie night, help me pick some.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy's night and movie night, help me pick some.

Watching movie's all night, up early and smoking tomorrow and I plan to have movies on the whole time.
    Just fired up Blazing Saddles
    I think Smokey and the Bandit is up next.

Cheech and Chong Up in Smoke.
    Last edited by aarontbell; July 9, 2015, 04:39 PM. Reason: Funny spelling

Comment

Fletch, Fletch Lives, Spies Like Us, Three Amigos, Who's Harry Crumb, Uncle Buck, Spaceballs, Robin Hood Men in Tights

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        I see 3 amigos often, Fletch and Spaceballs though.

Blue Velvet

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you messing with me?

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        John No, I am a big David Lynch fan. Dude is twisted

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        John Wild at Heart is a good one too. Nic Cage, Laura Dern, Willem DeFoe are in the flick

Kuffs is a great oldie. Airplane. Bill Cosby Himself (his 80s stand-up routine on parenthood), another great classic.

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Boy haven't heard of that one in a long time, had to look it up and didn't even remember Milla Jovovich being in it.

Napoleon Dynamite.

Caddyshack.

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Both good choices, but I watch a lot of movies at work, so I have seen those both in the past 6 months. I looked up a top 50 list and have probably seen 40 in the last year.
        I did just remember Rustler's Rhapsody though, I remember it being corny but funny, back when Tom Berenger had a normal sized head

How about

Thank you for Smoking

Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

Duck Soup

This is Spinal Tap

Best in Show

Burn After Reading

Or watch the famous crowded cabin scene from A Night at the Opera
      http://youtu.be/PFu0KyrNAAA

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I Love, Best in Show. Such an underrated flick.

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker Did you see "A mighty Wind"? A lot of the same people in the cast and the same genre. Funny movies, both

fzxdoc Best in Show, really, I think you guys are trying to trick me on some of these. The rest I have seen recently except This is Spinal Tap, been a decade since I saw that and a great suggestion!

After Midnight Run and Fletch I have had enough 80's hair and music. I think Spinal Tap will be a good one for cooking tomorrow and I was thinking maybe hitchcock next for a break, Vertigo or North by Northwest maybe?

I need something with explosions too...

Comment

Silverado, Borne Trilogy, Hunt for Red October, American Sniper, Enemy of the State, The Lives of Others. All good choices.

Comment

With the likes of Caddyshack, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs and a few others, Animal House should be on the list (I quoted it just yesterday). I'd also put pretty much any Clint Eastwood movie on the list. Although not a movie, you might consider Robin Williams Live at the Met.

Best in Show. We love that one. See part of it every Thanksgiving. After the Macy 's parade, there is a dog show and then Best in Show on one of our local stations. Lotta truth in it. Many dogs and their owners do share traits.

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            You mentioned that you watch a lot of movies at work. What do you do?

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with you--as a dog lover, Best in Show cracks me up.

Comedy: the original The Producers.
          Western: Tombstone
          SciFi: Moon
          War: The Big Red One

Comment

shawn of the dead

terminator 1/2

aliens

me, myself, and irene

dumb and dumber

iRobot

robin hood men in tights

money pit

superbad

Talladega nights

beetlejuice

Comment

richinlbrg Posting here so I can do links:
              I love Animal House, and I've seen most of Clint Eastwood's movies more than my kids have watched Barney.
              My work would mostly be defined as Data Scientist so I am waiting on data a lot or programming, and will play movies on my second screen. I can't pay enough attention to a new movie, but one I've seen is fine, I watch maybe 10 a week.

Mosca Tombstone is an all-time favorite, I can pretty much quote the whole thing. The Big Red One I need to watch, along with the Thin Red Line, which is a great movie that many didn't see because it came out so soon after Saving Private Ryan. I have not seen The Producers, doesn't seem like my kind of thing but since it is mentioned a couple times I must be missing something.

DeusDingo Good selections as well, all seen recently except Beetlejuice (supposed to be filming a sequel like right now) and Money Pit which is a classic. If you like iRobot then I think you will like Ex Machina which was terrific and unpredictable, everyone I know has liked it but a bit of nudity if watching with the fam. I still quote Talladega Nights more than any reasonable person should! And Shaun of the Dead is one I watch at least once a year. Really good picks!

So I finished the night with 3 hours of reading watching Das Boot which for my money is the best submarine movie ever. Wife came back early and have to go do who knows what, but I still plan on getting a solid 4 movies in. I think I can get her to go hang out with her friends if I start watching Police Academy!

Comment

New Movie: EX MACHINA
                Classic: Godfather 1 & 2
                Drama: Pulp Fiction, The Last of the Mohicans
                Murder mystery: Usual Suspects
                Suspense: Seven
                Comedy: The Big Lebowski
                Action: Die Hard
                Sci Fi: Terminator 1 & 2
                Last edited by Spinaker; July 10, 2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• _John_
                  _John_ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Been a while since Last of the Mohicans for sure, but just watched all the rest. I think I watch too many movies! Caught Die Hard on TV and Big Lebowski is an annual thing.

2 weeks ago for Seven, love that movie. WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What a great list Spinaker . I think I'm going to work my way through it on my sleepless, Netflix-filled nights. All of those movies bear re-watching.

Kathryn

South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, the single greatest musical ever produced in the history of performing arts.

Comment

• _John_
                  _John_ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed, should be watched both by everybody, and nobody. You wouldn't think it was that quotable but it is. Just a couple of days ago my daughter was at work watching TV in the conference room while my wife was at the gym, I said I'll be in my office, if you need me just make the sound of a dying giraffe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I36IFvFIcE4

• bbqoaf
                  bbqoaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahahahaha, the dying Giraffe, I forgot about that joke!

That movie is full of golden lines, I just can't quote any of them on here and keep The Pit family friendly!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis