Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked kielbasa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked kielbasa

Any good tips on smoking kielbasa sausage

Are you talking freshly made raw sausage?

Comment

I wish but no bought from food service

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto to John's comments below. Just smoke em low and slow for a couple hours.

I love smoking kielbasa. Are you talking about making it from scratch or buying kielbasa and throwing it on the smoker? I have never made my own sausage, so if that's what your looking for, disregard this answer.
      That being said, I've always just bought the packages and then thrown them on my smoker/cooker. If its running at around 230 F, I leave it on for about 2 hours. Any more than that and the casing tends to break open and the sausage dries out or sucks up too much smoke and gets bitter. Not good. All in all its very easy to do. I often throw Kielbasa on when I'm doing other cooks. In the last two hours or so I throw them on and they are done when the other stuff is done. Then I slice it at an angle when its hot off the smoker. I love this addition to any meal.
      I hope this helps and this was what you were looking for.

-John

Comment

Perfect thanks spinaker I will follow that advice keep you posted

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Right on!! And remember to post pics too!! Make sure you check it from time to time, as every sausage can be a little different. No cook times are certain. I'm sure you'll do fine my friend. Good Luck!!

++ what Spinaker said. We serve a piece of sausage with every plate of BBQ. A great addition to whatever you're smoking. We tend to mix it up a bit... Italian sausage, Kielbasa, Andouille (raw). It's all good, and it goes on 1 1/2 to 2 hrs at the end.

Comment

,Sounds good. We are getting pre orders for the chicken we smoke it's so good and juicy. We brime it for 24 hours then smoke for around 5 to 6 using light smoke then the last hour I stoke the fire to crisp the skin. We sell at least 12 every weekend sometimes close to 20. Don't have any pictures but will this weekend.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis