Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time with COS = Disaster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time with COS = Disaster.

Yesterday was the first time used COS (bought 4 years ago, before I knew it was a Chepo). It did not go well. Could not use fire box, lost door to it. Tried indirect heat and smoke it that way, it was to hot at first because did not know what the temp was etc. It was not low and slow. Ribs were dry. I grilled kabassa and pork chops they turned out good. I think I will use it as a charcoal grill and get a good thermometer so can do indirect cooking better. Will save money and get a smoker, looking at the Pitt Barrel Cooker. Live and learn.

My COS, which was HEAVILY modified, got converted to gas and sausage detail once I cooked on the Pit Barrel.

It was a gift and not cheap to us, hence the hanging on to that sorry you know what.

Comment

I just used mine for lighting and holding my chimney, luckily I learned and sold it early and got a PBC myself.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis