Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

and darkness ruled the land......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and darkness ruled the land......

Well, the general acclaim of Sous Vide pulled me with gentle hands and tempted me with beautiful sites and luscious fragrances to begin my first baby steps into Sous Vide. The first steak was nearly a religious experience. and the second and so on. until the 4th night when I decided to try something a little different. Some Put du Crème. for those unaware, this is a luscious, RICH baked custard that will just knock your socks off. to make it Sous Vide means baking in 4 oz canning jars. when done and cooled, the jars are sealed and how delicious they are!!!

Except after all the prep and funneling, and HWMO grumbling, finally settled into the cooker, we find that the temp won't go up. no matter how long we wait, how many times we turn it off and back on again, it won't do it. the temp never goes above 99 degrees. never. no matter the setting.

Mama was SO sad. Good news is, upon contacting Anova, they said, "That shouldn't happen. fill out this form. before I'd even filled out all the paperwork three's an e-mail in my box. return info and a mailing label. with it came the note that we should drop it off at the nearest Fed Ex facility. Anova tells me that as soon as they see the drop off scan in the Fed Ex system, they will begin to process the replacement.

Now THAT is service. Folks, it will be marvelous should they actually follow through on this. I have never seen a company back up THAT beautifully! I am SO pleased with this.

And the sun came up, bringing light and life to the Kingdom. the flowers grew & bloomed and the birds filled their nests. And Mom looked forward to the next steak....

Wow...gotta like that!!

Comment

Amazon is equally good with their return policy. They ship immediately, not even waiting for your return. Like with Anova, you print the labels and take the defective merchandise to the shipper. If your return isn't received within one month, Amazon bills for the replacement. I've done this twice, once with a book and once with an Ipod player.

Best luck with the replacement--we hope to hear soon how well it works.;..along with some success stories!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto. I got refunded from Amazon on a broken pestle before they ever got it. I sent a picture and the shipping label was processed at the UPS store, and $$.

Oh no! I hope all goes well. Let us know.

I had a custom-made cover for my big antique chest (grillin' loot). First 1 was 10 inches too wide. Sales associate said it would take 5 weeks. Had it in 5 days and got to keep the over-sized cover to boot.

--Ed

Comment

Had a similar experience with the folks from Thermoworks. I have my trusty Thermapen and decided to pick up one of their ChefTemp units when my old cheap wireless unit died. The one I received had a bad ribbon cable between the top and bottom portions so the display would go crazy. Emailed customer service with a pic of the issue. Within an hour had a reply. I had a new thermometer including accessories and case within 2 days along with several little premiums and a very sincere apology from the CS rep for my trouble. "No need to send the old one back, sorry for the inconvenience."

Comment

in this day of easy and cheap electronics, constant everyday, everyone connection, and social media everywhere, companies who were expected to go under based on cheap replacement ability, now go the extra mile to keep customers. and THAT is a good thing. There is a saying in sales. a Happy Customer tells one friend. an unhappy customer tells 100 friends.

It also costs far less to keep a customer then it costs to gain a new one. Business is always the same thing. you must keep the customer happy. one way or another.

I, because of my health, don't leave the house a lot. that means I do a LOT of online shopping. I was last IN a mall over a year ago. I never cared for them much, even when I was a teen. but then, I was never one of the popular kids and just walking round and round a place full of stuff I didn't want and couldn't afford never appealed to me. I'm just not quite female enough to enjoy shopping for shopping's sake. Anyway, I have fallen in love with Amazon. I'm a Prime member. watch a lot of TV through them, I bought an Echo in the intro period (and it is COOL!) and buy a LOT of my kitchen stuff, almost all of it through them.

over the last several years, there have been the inevitable damaged items, not working, didn't quite fit. and each and every time, they have offered an immediate replacement or refund. I bought a light set up for the kitchen that included two stand, umbrella, light & bulb sets. one had a short in the light fixture. they sent an entire second set, asking that I simply return one of the sets within 30 days. (they couldn't replace the individual parts) and all is well.

So, I highly recommend Anova and Amazon as well. and, yeah, the echo is SO cool!

Comment

Malls are overrated.

Comment

And pretty soon Amazon will have free 2 hr delivery in select citys (food, toilet paper, soap, everyday items etc) for Prime members.

Comment

• jholmgren
                jholmgren commented
                Editing a comment
                Prime has 2 hour delivery in Baltimore. Launched back in March. It became a 'thing' to sit in a bar with your friends and browse the Prime Now app to see what you could possibly have delivered to you in 1-2 hours.

WOOHOO! FedEx came. Anova, as good as their word, and my new cooker has arrived. the Steaks are sitting over a bowl, curing, ready to go in the cooker for dinner. Crisis averted!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis