Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smelling like smoke (personally) while preparing for a group feast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    I usually shower about an hour before the meat is done, however when I don't, our guests have no doubts as to who the Pitmaster is. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Always shower before serving or eating. Even if I plan to eat outside, I'll shower first. Guests or no guests.

Leave a comment:

• Usernamevalid
    replied
    This phenomenon was never more evident than Sunday. With so many people over and so many cookers to man, I didn't have time to shower and de-smokify myself. While I though the pulled pork tasted very good, the smoke wasn't very evident to me. Yesterday we had leftovers, and the smoke was very evident. The only real difference was a clean nose.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Hahaha, perfect.

• volsmoker
    commented on 's reply
    Amen!

• dereklhall
    replied
    Smoke a cigar or a pipe along with your cook. I dunno....maybe you could really confuse people.

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    commented on 's reply
    Why not - they have bacon body wash.

• Huskee
    replied
    If I'm having guests over I will hop in the shower once the food's ready and I don't need to man the smoker anymore. Even if the food's still on the smoker, I don't mind running out quick to grab it after I've showered. Neither myself, my family nor any of my friends are cig smokers, so I don't want to smell like smoke, even if it's wood smoke, at the dinner table if I can help it. But, it does go with the territory and most understand that.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Vojtek
    commented on 's reply
    I think they already have - 'liquid smoke' .. that should work...

• DWCowles
    replied
    I think they need to come out with Hickory Smoke after shave and body wash....just saying

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Hmmm... When I'm smoking meat my ONLY thought is getting the cook right... Taste, moister, temp, flavor. How I smell has never entered my mind.

If my food blows my guests minds with flavor... They don't care what I smell like!

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    I love the smell of wood smoke and don't worry about it. Of course, I shave my head so I don't have the smell in my hair. And I agree with John - actually I think it was Dr. BBQ's book that I have that pointed out that your sense of smokiness is dulled from doing the smoking.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed... But I stole your funny smiley face flipping burgers. 😎

• Usernamevalid
    replied
    I just take a shower once the smoke is gone, about 2 or 3 hours into the cook.

Leave a comment:

• Drbearsec
    replied
    I guess I fail to see the problem of smelling like a campfire myself... I LOVE that smell. But yeah, I smell like that too.

Originally posted by HawksJ View Post
    Is it just me, or is smelling like somebody who sat in front of an intense campfire all day, a problem? I love to smoke meats for my family and friends, but can't avoid smelling like a overly-smoked brisket myself. Other than taking at least a couple showers throughout the process, any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis