Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 lbs of pork butt for pulled pork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 lbs of pork butt for pulled pork?

Check!
    15 lbs of Chuck for burgers? Check!
    50 dogs? Check!

Fixins for:
    10 lbs potato salad? Check!
    10 lbs baked beans? Check!
    4 lbs of Cole Slaw? check!
    10 lbs mac and cheese? Check!
    8 dozen ears of corn? Check!

Beer, water, pop, lemonade? Check!

Party on!

Weather is supposed to cooperate.

Time to get to work!

You had me at "15 lbs of" ......

Comment

Heh, and I didn't even mention the bourbon over smoked ice!

Comment

Sounds like a good time. My brother in law is manning the grill this year, I will just eat and silently judge.

Comment

• Usernamevalid
        Usernamevalid commented
        Editing a comment
        Silently? Nah...time to represent!

do you need a taste tester?

Comment

Sorry, I goofed. I am doing almost 20 lbs. of pulled pork, not 10. I have a couple of butts thawing, plus about 1 lb left from the last time that I froze.

Comment

sounds like a nice intimate party

Comment

The other day one of my nieces commented that she had tasted some amazing yellow barbeque sauce at a local restaurant. She had been searching the internet high and low for 'Mustard Sauce' recipes, but none of them seemed like the right one. I told her how to fix her search terms, pointed her here, then decided to make a batch of the Columbia Gold mustard based sauce from the recipes here. Holy smokes, is that stuff good!

So, tomorrow's pulled pork eaters will have a choice of KC Style, East Carolina Kiss and Vinegar, or Columbia Gold. Should be fun to see which one wins out. They also get to choose between the classic deli slaw and my own Sweet Buttermilk Slaw.

Comment

Up at 3:00 am, Butts in at 4:10. Set up the cook area the day before. Gasser for dogs, Smoker for butt, Weber for burgers, COS for corn.

4 perfect meteorites came out of the smoker right on schedule at 2:00...er...2:30. Ok, around 2:45. Having anticipated that eventuality, the fires for the corn and burgers had been started and were beginning to cook. Everything hit the serving table at exactly the same time, with a few more rounds of each to follow. Pulled 3 of the butts and mixed in some leftover from the freezer. we had the last one for dinner tonight.

Of the sauces, the KC style won hands down and the squeeze bottle was all but emptied. Both the Yellow and Vinegar did well and were both more empty than full.

Was a huge success. Accolades from a fellow smoker, a guy who's brisket I covet. Seconds on pulled pork from someone who refused to try it. "I don't like pork." I put some on her plate and ordered her to eat it. A sandwich followed.

Comment

Great photo! Those cookers look like they're patiently waiting for their marching orders. Sounds like a good party.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis