Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More FREE food...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More FREE food...

Tonight my son called me and said I'm having a friend over and I'd like for you to come over and grill us some steaks.

He said he'd just been to Manhattan Meats in Manhattan Beach, Ca., a high end meat store.

I said what meat do you have for me to grill... He said he bought 2 Tomahawk choice grade Ribeyes and 2 1lb Wagyu steaks.

I said I'm all in! I'll be right over.

Here's what we're working with...

Heafty steaks...

He has a 3 burner gasser... Hmmm

The Ribeyes turned out quite nice...

The Wagyu New York stripes turned out quite nice...

Dinner was very pleasant...
    Last edited by Breadhead; June 29, 2015, 10:07 AM.

so did you do a reverse sear or are you just grilling them directly? it looks to me like your are grilling the thinner steaks directly and the ribeyes with a reverse sear, right?

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes... You are correct.

The 2" steaks require a reverse sear to get them pink bumper to bumper with a nice crust.

The 1" steaks need a hot direct cook to get a good sear without over cooking the interior.

Meathead taught me well!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis