Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free food is great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free food is great!

Having been following AmazingRibs.com for a few years now I'm greatful for all of the FREE food it brings my way. This month I've been asked by 3 different people if I would come to their homes and grill food for them and/or their friends and families. Of course I'm always invited to enjoy in the feast. When people do this there is always above average quality meat and libations. Sometimes you just don't see the value of your knowledge until people are willing to give you tremendous quality food and wine in exchange for something you love to do... Grilling and BBQ. Tonight's free feast... Prime grade beef tenderloin's with a bernaise sauce. Homemade French baguettes. A decent wine.
    Last edited by Breadhead; June 28, 2015, 12:36 AM.

All that looks amazing.

Comment

Looks terrific, I am sure they are glad to have you!

Comment

That is cool.

On the free food note, I am wary of people who praise my food and didn't pay for it. Hard to not like "free" food, although I am aware there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

But I have had people purchase meat and pay me to cook it. That's not too shabby.

FYI, this is how I viewed your pics....

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010044.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	93171

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh come on Jarod... I don't even wear glasses.

I'm on an Apple iPad... Your software doesn't like us Apple user's. Lock your screen and turn it upside down or stand on your head. LOL

The people that invite me to cook for them are friends. I'm flattered that they like my cooking abilities enough to invite me to cook for them. It's not really about the FREE food.

Like Meathead says... It not what's on the plate, it's about who's in the chairs that make a meal memorable.

When people want me to smoke large chunks of meat for them. I tell them bring me the meat and a 40lb bag of lump coal. That's a fair trade.
          Last edited by Breadhead; June 28, 2015, 03:57 PM.

• smarkley
          smarkley commented
          Editing a comment
          http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...pad-photos-app

Hmmm, sounds to me like you have left the amateur ranks and turned pro!

Comment

I'm not turning pro... I'm retired and my hobby is BBQ and Bread Baking. I don't BBQ or Bake Bread to eat. I do both to see how good I can do at both.

I give away more bread than I can possibly eat.

I do both BBQ and Bread baking... As an art form, only because I can.

I would much rather BBQ or bake for others than myself.

There is no greater pleasure than creating a meal for your friends and family and sitting quietly listening to them say how wonderful your food is.

Life has simple pleasures...
          Last edited by Breadhead; June 29, 2015, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen, brother!

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            Like Karon Adams Says: Remember, Cooking is a Sacred Endeavour!

My admiration for your work extends beyond the cooking of the food. I admire your inventiveness in conceiving dishes, and your perfection in plating them. Myself, I toss together conventional ingredients, try to get the cooking right, and toss them on a plate. But you... you go for a lot more. And you get it. If it weren't for fanatics, like you, and Meathead, and others, the rest of us would never get better.

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Mosca To whom are you referring to as a fanatic?

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope you aren't taking it as an insult, I mean it as the utmost compliment: someone who is taking pleasure in the pursuit of perfection.

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            @Mosca

I wasn't taking it as an insult at all. I wasn't sure who your comment was intended for.

Thank you for your kind words.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis