Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ekranoplans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ekranoplans

Nope, not a misspelling. If you know what an ekranoplan is, kudos to you!

I’ve been fascinated by these for years. The last survivor is being rescued.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/c...lan/index.html

There are lots of videos, here’s a short one that, if it doesn’t blow your mind, I don’t know what to say. 350mph over water.

Pretty cool.

Comment

These are pretty cool. This one doesn't have the anti-ship missile launchers. It wasn't only designed for moving cargo around...

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        I think this is the one that was fitted with the launchers, but the video was taken during trials.

The eight engines on the front plane were only used to launch and accelerate; once the craft (it is actually classed as a watercraft) got up to speed, the rear engines were used to maintain velocity. Hence the fuel efficiency.

If anyone is interested, there are some extended YouTube videos showing the design and development. It’s a fascinating vehicle.

Verrry interesting! 👍

Comment

Comment

pretty cool. I wonder how she does in big seas

Comment

• Dan Deter
            Dan Deter commented
            Editing a comment
            Apparently pretty well..."able to take off and land in stormy conditions, with waves of up to 2 and a half meters'

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis