Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your cooking area look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ Tim
    commented on 's reply
    Very chic

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    I want it!

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty Clever!

• dereklhall
    replied
    So, y'all are all invited to the party on SEC kickoff day this fall. Football, adult beverages, Q, and whatever sides the ladies come up with, jumpy things for the kids and the best part....I don't have to drive home.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Nice... Very nice.

• Usernamevalid
    commented on 's reply
    That's pretty badass!

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    I have outdoor kitchen envy.

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    That is one nice item. I'm gonna get one.

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    DUDE!

• dereklhall
    replied
    Mine looks like this:

Leave a comment:

• Usernamevalid
    replied
    This is the design I would like to build. The open cupola on the roof allows heat and smoke to get up and out. You could hang a small ceiling fan in there too to assist, or just move air on a hot day. A lot of people don't realize that a ceiling fan is one of the best bug deterrents you'll ever find. For my purposes, an 8 x 8 or 10 x 10 roof would be perfect. I would build it low, about 7' of head clearance to the eave to help keep sun and rain on the inside to a minimum.

You'd need to be handy with a circular saw. If you don't know how to cut a rafter you could probably find info on you tube, or even hire someone to make your templates.

Leave a comment:

• Usernamevalid
    replied
    To the OP, for some quick ideas or even a kit, take a look here. Not sure what you have in you area but even the pics should give you some ideas.

http://www.lowes.com/Patio-Furniture...10675560_4_pl#!

Leave a comment:

• Usernamevalid
    replied
    For a relatively inexpensive and highly portable work area, try one of these. A garden hose and a bucket gives you some wash up capability. Use a hose made for potable water and you can drink it and use it for cooking. It stores flat if you remove the faucet, so it doesn't take up much permanent space.

I use mine quite a bit. Typically, I will put a full sheet tray on top for hot foods, or a cutting board if needed. The top is designed to be a cutting board, but it gets gashed pretty easily.

Mine came from Cabela's, this company has one for $80 shipped.

http://www.kotulas.com/deals/Product...b&devicetype=c

I would like to do something permanent, but don't plan to stay in this house that long.

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    commented on 's reply
    Those were the words that popped right into my mind, too!

• Breadhead
    replied
    On the patio...

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis