Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite BBQ typos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    Reminds me of an online security question from my bank, I emailed to let them know people couldn't put the right answers because they said you had to have 4+ characters. My first dog was Ted, wouldn't take it, another question was mother's maiden name, Lee. They just said to choose another question, but only one question could be honestly answered with 4 or more characters.

• Mosca
    replied
    In the latest edition of Weber's New Real Grilling, the recipe for basic BBQ sauce is missing the molasses. And it says in the description of the sauce that it gets added sweetness and flavor from the molasses.

So I sent them an email cluing them in and asking how much molasses is in the sauce. They sent me back an email, "Hello. Here are two bbq sauce recipes that contain molasses." And they listed a couple recipes.

So I emailed them back thanking them for the recipes, whatcha gonna do. I have the Google, I can find recipes. I was more concerned about the typo, and what it meant about the proofreading when one of the most commonly used recipes in the book is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    started a topic Favorite BBQ typos

Favorite BBQ typos

Read a recipe online. "Some BBQ chefs like to warp their briskets after the bark has been developed. They use either aluminum foil or butcher paper. This is known as the Texas Church."

These two 'fortunate' typos remind me how religiously we warp our briskets

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis