Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet dreams are made of cheese.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones I haven't heard that version before, actually never heard of the band. I just heard the DJs on a morning talk show doing it several years back.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Loves me some Hollies, Brother! Cut me teeth comin up, learnin such things...

Long Cool Woman comes to mind

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Willy, ya can clearly see Jimi mischieviously say this on many live performances, an gesturin / pointin to Mitch or Noel...(usually Noel)

58limited yup, ya sure can: been doin it since th mid 90's, or so...

Source

Enjoy! I grew up on parodies, an makin up alternate lyrics on stage, taught by my ma, pa, an sibbies...singin an pickin was what we had fer an 'Entertainment System', that an a couple channels each radio, an b/w tv... :

• Willy
    replied
    The Hollies: Bus Stop, Bucko.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    I originally thought is was Big Ol' Jedediah.

• ssandy_561
    replied
    Steve Miller Band - Big Old Jed Had A Light On

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    You can sing the theme from Green Acres to the tune of Purple Haze.

• Willy
    replied
    Hendrix: ‘Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Come on! That's not what they sing!?!

• 58limited
    replied
    Raspberries for Brains
    Rockin' the Cat Box

And then you can pretty much make up any words for the entire song Louie Louie.

Leave a comment:

• cgrover60
    replied
    Dirty deeds dunder chief.. lol

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Been there - done that.

I heard CCR's "Bad Moon Rising" as "bathroom on the right". That didn't make since, but that's what I heard.

And Hot Chocolate's "Where you from you sexy thing" was "Wear your bra you sexy thing". I know - seems counter intuitive, but that's also what I heard...

Leave a comment:

• hoovarmin
    replied
    My oldest boy, Mack, when he was a little guy was in the backseat in his car seat and the song "Take A Look Ahead," by Boston came on the radio. With great sincerity and passion he belted out the chorus every time as "meatballs in your hair!" I'm still laughing about that one.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    started a topic Sweet dreams are made of cheese.

Sweet dreams are made of cheese.

Recently learnt that before the arrival of social media and the "meme" there was / is a word coined for same known as a "mondegreen".
    It's mainly used to discribe misheard song lyrics. The family say I have selective hearing but I ascribe my condition to wear and tear.
    This is likely why I myself have often sung along to lyrics incorrectly and heard many others do so themselves.
    Arguing with a person about the words of a song they have sung along to inaccurately for years is pointless, go ahead and ask my daughter.
    Paul Young's "Every time you go away you take a piece of meat With you" and the Eurythmics "Sweet dreams are made of cheese" make more sense.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis