Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want it, but I don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want it, but I don't

Watching the ALCS and NLCS games the last few days have filled me with confusion and trepidation. I have been a Braves fan for 30 years, but over the last 10 years I've turned into more of a Rays fan. Originally, I'm from Florida, and all of my son's first ball games were Rays games. We went to every Rays home opener from the time that he was 4 until 2 years ago, when we moved to Georgia, so they've been his favorite team since day one. It took me a bit longer, but because of the fond memories of going with my son and the fact that they've managed to be successful in the most difficult division in all of baseball despite having 1/10th the salary they eventually won me over and now they're my team as well.

No big deal, I thought. The Rays are AL and the Braves are NL. They play every now and again in inter-league play, but I can manage that. And, what are the chances they'd ever play each other in the World Series?

Well, right now its looking pretty good and sooner rather than later I'm going to have to pick a side! So, here I am, in the middle of Braves country rockin' my Rays gear and hoping that the Braves do what they've done most of my life and completely crash when victory is all but inevitable.

Interesting predicament. Go Nats!

Comment

So you're saying you are all but guaranteed to be genuinely happy with the outcome of the World Series? Sounds like a great problem to have!

Comment

First of all, I am a huge baseball fan and this year has really been tough our type. Here's hoping next year is back to normal. But my post is about something similar to yours. I live in Milwaukee, WI and have all my life. Therefore I am Brewer fan. BUT, I was initially exposed as a very young child to the live baseball game experience by my grandfather which made the fan of the game that I am. Yes, seeing the Milwaukee Braves! Hank Aaron, Eddie Mathews, Warren Spahn, etc. So when the Braves do well, I still feel good about it. Go Braves....for now.

Comment

• prepperjack
          prepperjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, it has been a really odd year. My wife is used to my rants, but I think I caught her off guard by my 20 minute rant about the Marlins (who I hate) because at one point in the season the Marlins were ranked #1 in the NLE, despite having played half the games that the Braves. Heck, if I remember right, the Braves had more wins than the total games the Marlins had even played. I knew it would ultimately work itself out, but seeing the Marlins above the Braves in the standings just irked me.

Braves.......ol Larry Jones....argggghhhhhh.....coming from a lifelong Mets fan!

Braves have a spot in my heart...good friend of mine who passed away way to early, loved the Braves, and we had the greatest back and forth talk being rivals. I’m sure he’s smiling down watching them play so well right now!

Comment

If the Astros win the ALCS (which is looking increasingly not probable), can we have Charlie Morton back please? We miss him.

Comment

I feel you, kinda. My first love is the Detroit Tigers - not competitive right now, but I grew up with Denny McClain and Mickey Lolich. Been in SE TN for 25 years now, and I go to lots of Braves games, so I am a fan now. No chance of a Tiger/Braves WS anytime soon though lol.

Comment

There's a battle between good and evil within all of us. I am confident your better angels will prevail. Go Braves!

Comment

I hope your prediction is correct and the Braves crash. 13 teams have come back from an 0-2 deficit in a 7 game series. Dodgers have done it 3 times. So GO DODGERS!!
                Last edited by TripleB; October 15, 2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                  ComfortablyNumb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And they are going!!!

I eat, breathe and sleep the Cubbies! But, I’m a dodger fan by marriage. love going to dodger stadium. When the cubbies are in town, it’s like wrigley west at the park!

Rays v. Dodgers WS! ⚾️💕

Comment

A Rays fan? I went to a game last year. The stadium was EMPTY and there wasn’t a pandemic going on 🤣 quiet too! but like two weeks later, they were in the playoffs and it was rocking! I still can’t help but think of the empty stadium and it being quiet. I thought all Rays fans were bandwagon! 🙃

Comment

• scottranda
                    scottranda commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Contrary to a Braves game I went to a few years ago and it was packed!

• prepperjack
                    prepperjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Rays are in a really odd position. Relative to other teams in baseball, especially teams like the Braves who have been there since the beginning they're a young team. For a long time, the only baseball in Florida was minor league and spring training, and the Tampa area is where the Yankees do their ST. Between that and all the New York transplants in the area, there are a lot of Yankee fans. Add to that a horrible park in a horrible part of town and it makes it hard for them.

It appears the Dodgers solved your dilemma!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis