Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Love in the time of COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Love in the time of COVID

Huskee
    ​​​​
    Meathead

So I got to thinking, has membership grown during these past 6-7 months? I admit, I had been stalking AR for a few years and then finally joined this past May as I have more time on my hands. Now I’m addicted to y’all and will constantly be upping my game.

that said, thank you for all you do!

Yes, we have enjoyed slow steady growth since we launched in 2014. Glad you like it!

Comment

Slow and steady wins the race! Most people who join, love this place.

I'll expect some kind of royalty for that little ditty.

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL!

I think the majority of those joining The Pit never post. Look at the past winners in the monthly contest. Most have little or no activity, and to my knowledge, only *one* active member has won, (take a bow Mr. Bones ), at least since early 2017 when I joined, (I don't remember if the contest was active at that time...).

Comment

• Cheef
        Cheef commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe make it one of the rules that the winners MUST have made at least 1 post to be eligible. An introductory post at minimum?

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        MrMisunderstood won, and a handful of other active-but-not-as-active members as he and Bonesy have won. We cannot make any stipulations like that. The Sweepstakes is open to all, even non-members if they choose the enter (legally it has to be). All members, active in the forum or not, support AmazingRibs.com with their annual dues, the forum is just one part of the Pitmaster Club that we love!

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheef The Fedeeral Gov has strict rules on how "sweepstakes" must be won to make sure they are fair and not rigged. We cannot put a restriction on the rules like this.

SheilaAnn We're up 550-ish members YTD (year to date, since January 1st). How much of that is due to COVID or not is really hard to say. Certainly some, with mnore meals being made at home out of necessity, more Googling, etc, but like Meathead said we see fairly steady growth.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Covid related.... 539lbs of the 550lbs are Covid related. Oh.... not pounds? Never mind.

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool! I’m glad to be a part of this.

I for one have been recommending this site to anyone showing any interest in cooking. Fantastic resource and the generous library of free info is second to none, more power to you guys

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        THANKS!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    Rubs Promo
    Meat-Up in Memphis