Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fish decoys and lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fish decoys and lures

here are a few some ice spearing decoys and lures..from moses sears to carl christiansen,andy downey,jess ramey,hans janner jr,andy trombley,bagleylures with many proytypes,have over 200 carvers,and beore the2016 flood every heddon lure in orginal box
    Attached Files

That is quite the collection. Very nice!

Comment

Wow, I’m impressed. I also looked carefully at the bird carvings and they are outstanding. We are members of the Ward Museum https://www.wardmuseum.org/learn-exp...-championship/ and have helped out at the World Championship a few times. I am continually impressed by people who carve, and the collectors who keep the art alive.
      Last edited by Donw; October 12, 2020, 07:26 PM. Reason: Carve not crave!

Comment

• ddevine
        ddevine commented
        Editing a comment
        Donw. Name rings a bell but I may have heard it somewhere when I was asking about decoy makers. I do get to Havre-de-Grace every once and a while for fishing and tried to drive through the area that I thought his shop was located. Didn't find it yet. All I remember about he location was his shop was a short walk behind his house just in front of the alley. I think his wife told me where to find him when I arrived at the house. The shop was a photographer's dream.
        Last edited by ddevine; October 17, 2020, 07:22 PM.

• ddevine
        ddevine commented
        Editing a comment
        Donw. May have screw up post. Don't post much. Exceeded the character limit. This would have been in the mid 80's. Nice window light giving texture to the work bench full of wood shavings and carvings. I remember a whole barrel on duck heads on wooden dowels sticking out of a wooden barrel. He was very interesting and a very cordial guy. Had a wry sense of humor. Wish I would have paid more attention at the time.

• ddevine
        ddevine commented
        Editing a comment
        Donw. Thanks for getting me moving on this. I googled Mitchell and found a photo of him in the shop (not mine). He was younger on the photo so tough to recognize but the old wood bench and the horizontal window above it was there. Now, knowing who it was I can research any publications and see where my photos were used. Maybe a trip now to the decoy museum might be in order. Thanks again. I never thought I would find him.

Holy cow! Or fish! Or bird! WoW!

Please give us more of the story.

Comment

The birds were carved by Carl Christiansen /Newberry Michigan..the Eagle and Osprey wing span 44 inches...Carl and his wife Vickie are just outstanding people...i have over 40 others carved by Carl and Tom Singlenton also of Newberry..sadley Tom has passed away.
        . Good friends are better than gold..and i know that i will never put up a shanty on the ice here in lousiana.very blessed to have made many friends in Michigan..
        . I ve always been a avid fishing collectior...was at a lure show many years ago in pigeon forge Tennessee..and saw some lures made by Carl.
        and was hooked...i have many from Minnesota /Wisconsin /Michigan/ new York/ Pennsylvania/ Ohio..etc

Comment

Oh wow!
          That is nothing short of impressive.

I have a friend whose father carves duck decoys...so he has a few. And a handful of lures & the like, generally given by friends of his father. But he has NOTHING like your collection. Incredible

Thanks for sharing that.

I hope they, and of course you, stay safe in Denham Springs. A friend of mine was flooded out within a week or two of moving there a while back. She’s since moved to Ponchatoula. (Which has also experienced flooding, but so far she’s remained above water.)
          Last edited by surfdog; October 12, 2020, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• grillinglousiana
            grillinglousiana commented
            Editing a comment
            2016 we were in salt lake city at the antique road show,our home at the time had 7 foot of water my wife of 52 years never recovered..several ducks,lures were lost,and i had several restored....

What a Wonderful Collection!

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

That is an impressive collection sir. I tried my hand at making feather lures some 30 years ago and remember it being quite challenging but very rewarding.
              Have you or do you make yourself?
              The little cutie in your profile pick looks about the size of large decoy / lure 😊

Comment

• grillinglousiana
                Editing a comment
                koko is my buddy

• grillinglousiana
                Editing a comment
                time to time i tie fly baites,and carve ducks

Very very nice. Thank you for sharing

Comment

Very impressive!

Comment

a few more carvings....all 7 sea turtles..carl christiansen...3 fish all scaled..left to right shoal bass,cherry bream,chatochee bass..brook trout by todd pekeldersouth dakota,trout by james stragland on tree branch
                  Attached Files

Comment

If you only had fish I'd say you were hooked but WOW. Easy as one, two, three!

Comment

this is a scaled Speckled Sea Trout with shrimp
                      Attached Files

Comment

osprey with rainbow..carved by Tom Singlention..

more birds carved by Carl Christiansen and Tom Singlenton
                        Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis