Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How life changes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How life changes.

Hospitals, grillin, Q dilemma. This past month has been pretty intense with hospitals & providing care. I really don’t like hangin a shingle on private affairs but mebbee this will help someone who is having a hard go of it. My wife has spent 3 of the last 4 weeks in 2 hospitals, with the one week at home, that was no walk in the park. The reason for 2 hospitals was due to the complexity of the condition, which facilitated sending her to Milwaukee both times after a one day & 3 hour stay in the local facility. Almost lost her a week ago & now she is coming home. Which is where the change will take place. My time on my cookers has been almost once a week & will continue as such maybe. I was providing full time home care & it just got fuller. I will become a dietician/nutritionist/cook & provide a gastroparesis menu for my spouse. Medium to low fat, very low fiber, soft victuals for my lovely patient & regular food for me. How long one may ask? Uncertainty is the answer. I have been putting in long days, with a little time for myself. They are about to get longer, much longer I assume. It will be most interesting what if any outdoor cooking I will accomplish, let alone perusing the Pit. We shall see. In the meantime, keep the coals hot & the fires burnin. Oh, throw a slab of Wibs on fer me will ya? ✌️
    Last edited by FireMan; October 8, 2020, 10:24 PM.

I’m sorry to hear that my friend. But glad to know you have your wife with you still. I hope you have some family and friends to support where they can. And you know you have your friends here at the Pit to at least take show you some pictures of wibs here and there.

take care of your lovely bride as well as yourself, especially yourself. Ive heard a line similar to that, if you don’t take care of yourself, you aren’t going to be able to take care of anyone.

Comment

Wishing you strength and endurance to cope with the situation.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Best wishes to your wife. Gastroparesis is challenging. Appetite and nausea will come and go; something she tolerates one day may make her nauseated the next. A smoothie one day will sound appetizing; the next, just the thought of it can throw someone off. Extra blender jars will be handy. So will an old-fashioned ricer, and an immersion blender. Best of luck.

Comment

I have some nice Creekstone Farms wibs, which will soon be sacrificed to the bbq gods in ya'll s honor soon. Been through some some really tough times with my wife as well, so hang in there, brother.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Weill wishes to you and your family and strength as you help your wife through this. Please keep us posted.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Hang in there man, we're all rooting for you and the misses.

Comment

You don't have to be cooking to have fellowship with us, friend. Reading your post I just imagine that this ordeal could be and probably is isolating, to say the least. I hope you will stay connected with us through it because so many of us, myself included really care about you and how you are doing.

Comment

My best wishes to you and your lovely bride. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice.

Comment

I’m sorry to hear about this really tough spot in your journey together. As mentioned in above posts I hope you have some family and friends nearby who can give you support and occasional relief. There isn’t much we in the Pit can do over the miles but pray and listen to you when you need to unload. Don’t hesitate to let us know when the going gets too tough. I know this is the difficult part of the journey when all you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other. We’ll do our best to keep the BBQ inspiration coming.

Comment

Kee pushin forward FireMan Use the pit here as your personal man cave /recluse for a change to your daily ritual. Best wishes to y'all

Comment

Sending my best wishes an prayers out fer yerself an Mrs. FireMan.

Please remember that ya have friends / family here, if ya want to talk to someone.

Comment

FireMan know that thoughts and prayers are being sent your way. Wishing both of you strength and patience.

Comment

Chin up, your spouse is worth the effort, keep up the good work Dr Fireman.

Comment

My thoughts are with you my friend. You and the Mrs. stay strong.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              Rubs Promo
                              Meat-Up in Memphis