Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ICU Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ICU Blues

As I am writing this, I am sitting in the ICU at our local hospital bored out of my tree. I've had problems with my heart for a number of years now (a mild heart attack and two stents in 2015, followed by a quad by-pass in 2019) and looks like the old ticker is acting up again. I had some fairly severe chest pain Monday morning so my lovely bride called the ambulance and here I sit. The docs are a bit baffled as all of the blood work and ECGs don't show anything abnormal. For now, they are treating me for pericarditis which is an inflammation of the sac that holds your heart. They are of the opinion that if that was the cause of the pain a couple of days of the drug therapy should have cleared it up, and that hasn't happened. I've had part one of a stress test done and have part two scheduled for tomorrow. Depending on the results of that test, I may or may not be sent to the regional heart centre in our area. What really sucks is that it is looking more and more like I'm going to be in here over the weekend which is our Thanksgiving.
    At least I've good free wifi so I've been doing a lot of catching up here and so far, I've managed not to even open my work email.
    I'm sure things will work out fine, but as I said, mine is this boring!
    Last edited by pkadare; October 8, 2020, 09:55 AM.

Hang in there, my friend. Heart issues are nothing to take lightly. You’re still on this side of the dirt, so, so far so good. I hope all goes well.

Comment

I hate to hear this. Take care and spend time here, and by all means, stay away from the work emails!!!

Comment

Hang in there and be well!

Comment

The doctors are in control of your physical part . , but you are in control of the mental part. Stay positive and don't allow your surroundings to bring you down. Best wishes from Massachusetts.

Comment

Heart problems are always something to take seriously. Hang in there and good luck!

Comment

Hope it all goes well for you.

Comment

On the plus side, I just found a recipe for Colorado Chile that uses pork posted to the PBC site and sounds awesome. :-)
                https://pitbarrelcooker.com/blogs/fo...beec12bf&_ss=r

Comment

• SmokingPat
                  SmokingPat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the recipe -- I have a shoulder in the refrigerator 'oinking' right now! Oops ...

Take care. The good news is that you're close to medical care if you need it.

• SmokingPat
                  SmokingPat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ask for a customized heart stress test: have them bring in a pot of boiling water, and cook some ribs. If you pass that stress test, you're OK.

• Argoboy
                  Argoboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That recipe sounds good but I do not know where I will find dried Mexican Chile’s around here?

Prayers coming your way.

Comment

This is an admittedly bad joke, but I do hope you have the heart to carry on.

Best wishes.

Comment

I wish you a full and speedy recovery. Perhaps your second stress test could be done making some kettle chicken or pork belly burnt ends?

Comment

On the bright side if you are in hospital over the Thanksgiving weekend you won't have to keep saying, no I can't have that my heart doctor said NO. Seriously though all the best, hope it works out for you.

Comment

gah. Sorry to hear this, man. I feel it, esp this week. A year ago I was in the ICU with a brain hemorrhage. Fun times (I was lucky - no deficits and the nature of it means I'm very unlikely to have it recur).

Anyway, take care and do what the docs say.
                        Last edited by rickgregory; October 8, 2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Positive thoughts. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Comment

Prayers and good thought's to both of you. Love your Bride Everyday, as she is going thru it as well. You have each other to stand with, love and support. Again Prayers and good thoughts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            Rubs Promo
                            Meat-Up in Memphis