Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fathers Day ( and birthday) BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fathers Day ( and birthday) BBQ

Tried out the new Karbecue C60 today. Did four racks of beef ribs. As advertised it does take some constant tending. The ribs were fantastic, moist, tender, and wonderful flavor. Also did a brisket in the Coockshack FEC100. Started earlier this time, used a water pan for moisture. I started out at 225F. Last time I had problems getting the last bit to reach 203F, and only achieved 194F. In between I read s'more of Aaron Franklin's book, and just happened to be at the proper point where he mentions temps. He felt that 225F was just too low for him, and prefers 275F. I had no problems getting to 203F this time, and since I started early enough, was able to wrap the brisket and rest it in a warming drawer at 175F for a couple of hours. The brisket was probabably the most tender I've ever had, though the last part of the fatty end was literally falling apart. Ive always had great flavor in the past, though my product was not always the moistest. The things I've learned on this website, and from reading Aaron's book have elevated my game several levels. I have always used mesquite in the past, and think my next attempts will be experimenting with different woods.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis