Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid strikes again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid strikes again...

The Richmond Symphony put on a free concert at Pocahontas State Park last. We live about 15 minutes from the park and occasionally go to concerts there. So last night we went, and we did enjoy it. However, take a look at the "symphony" in the photo below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200926_191121[1].jpg
Views:	159
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	916874

If the stage looks almost empty that's because it was. The symphony consisted of stringed instruments only. Ten to be exact. No brass. No woodwinds. No percussion. I was gonna ask for my money back, but since it was free, I figured I wouldn't get much.

And if you look in the foreground, you can see the pods defined by circles. Every group had to stay within their pod, and individuals did not have to wear their masks while in their pod.

Hmmm, what's with putting your chairs on the blanket?
    Last edited by HawkerXP; September 27, 2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I wus wonderin' that myself.

I almost went to an All Mule Rodeo yesterday. Finally figured I'd rather just enjoy my time off from the mask.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to see Democrats ridin' and ropin' each other...

And I would have made a similar comment if it had been an all Elephant Rodeo.
      Last edited by RonB; September 27, 2020, 11:31 AM.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB ,

K.

I can kind of see the logic behind no wind instruments. But why no percussion?

Comment

So many great compositions for string ensembles. I actually envy you for a night under the stars listening to great music with someone you love.

Comment

Much like outdoor cooking, outdoor concerts are just better somehow.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis