Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arsenal of Democracy Flyover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenal of Democracy Flyover

Celebration of the end of WWII. http://ww2flyover.org/arsenal-of-democracy-flyover/

This was supposed to be yesterday but weather delayed it to today. FireMan Mr. Bones
    Last edited by HawkerXP; September 26, 2020, 10:33 AM.

Merica!!

Comment

Thanks, Brother!

I truly appreciate yer thinkin of me, an includin me in summat so deeply, personally emotional to me...

I'm tryin to keep listenin to th announcer, but my dance card is jammed full today, in some ways good...more on that, later

I see they've brought out Th Lanc, which makes this here kinda a BIG DEAL

'Dude Rancher' is talkin bout a Mossie, as well...Phan-Phreakin-Tastic aircraft!!!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 26, 2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Awesome! When I was a kid the Confederate Air Force flew over my house several times. It was cool then and it is still cool seeing these planes flying.

Comment

I'm a lover of old aircraft.

My dad was in the Air Force and I grew up in the 50's and 60's on Air Force Bases. When I was in 4th grade, The Thunderbirds had a show where we were stationed and NASA had an X-15 on static display. I've been hooked ever since.

Comment

Always enjoy airshow activity. Years worth of stories could be told, but two come to mind today.

Nellis AFB does a show each year in November. With the Thunderbirds based there their "circus" is always a part of it. One year there was a fly bye with a P-51 and an F-16...............sounded like their throttle positions were at near opposites.

The link has a tribute to Bob Hope and his generous USO work. 1967 got to see one live, loved that man and his whole crew.........................although Rachel Welch avoided my advances for some reason.
            Last edited by Uncle Bob; September 27, 2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

We are lucky enough to be 45 mins from Hamilton airport home of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, also they're website.
              Its open to the public 5 days a week with 40 or so vintage war planes on display and more warplanes being re-stored yearly.
              Parked in the hanger and on the ramp visitors have ramp access and can walk right up to most aircraft.
              Mr. Bones you would be happy to see they have one of the few airworthy Lancaster bombers still flying today.
              Truly a sight to see live.

Comment

When I retired and still lived in Colorado, I worked P-T at the Air Force Academy (USAFA) for 12 years. I thought being around young men and women would keep me young but the best part was all of the flyovers. Football games, AF parades, Graduation w/T-Birds, etc. All were terrific shows with the chance to see aircraft that we wouldn't normally see. My favorite was working the T-Birds practices for graduation and keeping folks out of "the box". I have many years of terrific photos of the aircraft right over us.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis