Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National "Braai" day in SA tomorrow ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National "Braai" day in SA tomorrow ...

It's that time of the year again and tomorrow the smoke and scents will dominate the air. There are those that already have their fires burning and will be through the night.
    It is a public holiday, wood is cheap the liquor stores were open today and there are lots of great specials at the butcher's to take advantage of. Oh and the weather forecast is 25C.
    Enough reasons to have a party I believe.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Comment

That's right you guys are coming into spring right?

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        This is true.
        Not that we really have cold winters here although some people think when it gets down to 16C it's freezing.

HoleHogg, we just entered Fall/Autumn here in NW USA. Never heard of "Braai" but BBQ and liquor--just what the world needs to bring us all together.

Comment

OK, I think we need an official National BBQ day in the U.S. I mean a day unto itself, not the 4th, not Labor Day, etc.

holehogg I'm going to find something in that cookbook you sent to me to grill up tomorrow to help celebrate from afar.

Edit: Pulled a venison backstrap out of the freezer. Dry brining overnight.
        Last edited by 58limited; September 23, 2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.schultzsgourmet.com/nati...ecuing%20again.

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          It don't count unless I don't have to go to work, i.e. - paid holiday
          Last edited by 58limited; September 23, 2020, 04:45 PM.

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          We can always find a reason to use the grill even though we never need one☺.
          Enjoy the cook in our honour. The only venison I eat is the backstrap. Kudu done on the flattop just to sear the outside.
          You can take the day off on me but I ain't paying you Sir.

Here is the backstrap: overnight dry brine, seasoned with Townsend's Kitchen Pepper (no salt) recipe from one of his 18th century cooking videos on youtube, wrapped in bacon, smoked on the KBQ to 140* then wrapped in foil and tossed in the freezer to chill. Then under the broiler to crisp the bacon. Tender and moist, yum!

Hope you had a great day holehogg

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_3193.JPG Views:	3 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	915756
        Last edited by 58limited; September 24, 2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very yummy!

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Fantastic. That looks just perfect. We are honoured Sir.

Enjoy the Day! I am unfortunately a BBQ Envy Peeping Tom Voyeur, am coming to terms with it, but still hoping for an update and pics!

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          I unfortunately have a phobia for stalkers and the like so cannot entertain your request for updates and pics.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis