Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next purchase. PBC/WSM or Weber 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next purchase. PBC/WSM or Weber 26

OK, I will buy based on poll results so this should be fun. I own a Yoder 46 Pellet cooker and LOVE it. I also own a few portable grills (gas and charcoal) that mainly do scout duty. I am looking for something as a (no particular order)(a) burger and chicken cooker (b) backup smoker (c) charcoal burner (d) fun to use cooker with a relatively small footprint. These are all in the target price range. Help me out please!
    Weber Smoky Mountain
    7.14%
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    21.43%
    A Weber 26" grill (or 22" with the side table)
    71.43%

The poll is expired.

Doc, I'm the biggest WSM fan on the site BUT based on your criteria a kettle and a Slow n Sear have all your boxes checked.

Don't fall pray to the cult. They just cant do burgers without another cooker to do the sear. hehehehehe

Comment

I "liked" the Weber 26"......that sucker is a BEAST!

Heard a professional baseball player got caught liking some pics online during a game the other day, hence my reason to use the word "like."

Comment

A 26 is a perfect companion to do stuff like that, looks like others agree for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          A 26 is a perfect companion to do stuff like that, looks like others agree for the most part.
          It is early but I see the point!

Comment

Get the 22"with a table. Much better served. IMHO

Comment

26" with a Slow 'N Sear. It's a magical combination.

Comment

For what you want to do, the Weber. No question.

Comment

Seems to be a consensus building, and FWIW, I agree. I LOVE my WSM! Just have two SnS cooks under my belt, but it gives GREAT flexibility. Based on the criteria you listed, I'd go with the kettle and SnS.

Comment

As much as I love my PBC, since you already have a pellet smoker, I voted for the 26" Weber. With the SNS added, you will have met all your criteria, IMO. What fun you're going to have with that combo, if the 26 inch beast turns out to be the winner!

Kathryn

Comment

I will wait till the vote are in but I am pricing the 26. I will get the slow and sear and a charcoal starter (gve mine to the Scouts) another essential add ons?

Comment

$300 for a 26

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
                          Get the 22"with a table. Much better served. IMHO
                          I agree with Jon... a 22 performer and add an SnS is an awesome cooking machine

Comment

Hecky, buy the 26 (and a folding table) - fit plenty of meat for smoking with the SnS

Comment

I am inclined to go with the 26 and just cover my large patio table with a good work surface that's easy to clean. If I have my pi r^2 right the 26 gives you a bit more than an extra square foot. 40% more area

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                                Jerod Broussard commented
                                Editing a comment
                                If anyone gots PRsquared down it would be you. I'm pretty sure drilling pipe is round.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            Rubs Promo
                            Meat-Up in Memphis