Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insider Stuff: car buff or a celebrity buff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insider Stuff: car buff or a celebrity buff

If Huskee gets to post insider stuff, then I guess I do too ..... I haven’t really talked about it, but 18 months ago I went to work for Robert Herjavec. You all know him from Shark Tank. I know him as my boss. I run one of his teams in his company, Herjavec Group.

Over the 18 months, I’ve met a number of folks that you all might know. But the absolutely coolest thing I got to do was a private visit at Jay Leno’s Garage .... a tour guided by Jay and Robert, who KNOW their cars.

Under the rules of the visit, I can’t share any other pictures in any other forum ... this is it guys :-)

Click image for larger version  Name:	FF15829A-EFA6-4EC4-9D04-6EE4E06A86EA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	912544
    This picture is in Jay’s full blown maintenance shop. He has the ability to fabricate full car bodies and all sorts of esoteric car parts
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AADE1C2D-5ADC-4EB1-B971-FC0DD27EAD70.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.28 MB ID:	912542
    I found out that Jay set the world record at Talladega in a Carrera GT
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4C79D0C5-3283-4C64-8E0F-35D4ED4BE95F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	912543
    Look at those beautiful Bugatti’s
    Click image for larger version  Name:	65C0FCD6-3CDD-447C-B689-F78510C014B5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	912541
    Another great shot, a Citroen that won Le Mans
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4EBBD691-0F45-4981-91F8-55D838EA1CDC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.68 MB ID:	912540

Last edited by ecowper; September 17, 2020, 09:42 PM.

Wow how exciting that must have been! Big time car guy.
    I have been a member of the NorCal Shebly Club for over 20 years and in that time ran the Shelby Corral at the Monterey Reunion (use to be the Historics) and have met and talked to quite a few owners of very rare cars. Plus a few times, Ford and/ or Shelby was highlighted and top Ford Execs and Drivers have been there at the Corral. I was able to drive on track the 2015 Mustang GT350R when Ford unveiled it at Laguna Seca at a Press release. Most years I would see Jay walking around the paddock.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      VERY cool .... I’m a huge car guy. I wish I could share other pictures I took, but I agreed not to as part of the rules of getting to do this

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you ever get up this way? We have a 3 day Historics at Pacific Raceways, which is only about 10 miles from me

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      My Daughter use to live in Seattle so I have been there a few times, but that was a few years ago.
      That's what Monterey Reunion is. It is combined with Motor week in Monterey, the Pebble Beach Concourse, Concourse Italiano, auctions. I would assume they do something similar there. Lots of fun.

What an awesome opportunity Eco!

Comment

Eric,

Brother, thanks fer sharin what yer able to, with us...

I face some th same restraints, musically...

How very cool, that ya got to be where ya was, at that moment in time

It happens, imce...

Comment

That is pretty cool! I’ve watched some of the shows that have had some cars from his collection. I can’t imagine what that would be like, to get that experience! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Wow. Very cool. I would love to know more about your work. My guess he is great to work for and with.

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            Robert is a fascinating boss. We get along well. I run one of the teams in his company. I run the security services team, providing direct consulting to clients.

Awesome! Y’all work with cooler people than me! What a cool opportunity to see Leno’s garage!

Comment

Super cool. Did you get to see the Stanley Steamer that is one of my favorite cars he has.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              I did see the Stanley Steamer. He's got 3 or 4 steam cars, all really cool.

Fun post ecowper ! We watch old Shark Tank Re-Runs all the time. Cool photos too!
            Last edited by Skip; September 18, 2020, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              the funny thing is, before I went to work for Robert I had never seen Shark Tank and really didn't know much about him at all.

Dude, Jay Leno....love his Garage show, think its on MSNBC, a real car guy.
            Mind you If I had his income the sky would be the limit in buying for me too.
            Man, I know people who would kill for a glimpse inside his garages, me included.

Sorry kidz, no one famous in my life, but on cars I did get my G8 out on Mosport's road course a few times. Additive!!!!

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              it was pretty crazy. Jay could literally tell you about any of the 400+ cars in the Garage off the cuff without having to consult notes or something. It was very impressive.

Now, that's some good stuff. There is a bit of a linkage between your experience and Huskee; Seinfeld is a vintage sports car lover with some serious cars in his collection, though smaller than Leno's. Though I read somewhere recently that Seinfeld was going to be selling some or all of his.

The Puget Sound region has had some really active automobile collectors over the years as well. Many of the notable ones have now passed and their collections dispersed, but still neat stuff.

Comment

Yes, sometimes the job has some nice perks.

Comment

Super cool!

Comment

Very cool! I had no idea of Jays history with that. Very insightful. What a Priceless memory.

Comment

very awesome - I would love to get inside that garage!

My daughter was born in '87 - I brought her home in a '67 GT350 (my wife's car, actually). These days, I stick to crawlin' to fishing holes with my truck doubling as a kennel. Dogs like trucks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	exp_glamis4_800x600.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	912864
                    I keep this fella in standby should BBQ relief go to work here in MO or close by. I can't make it down to the gulf right now to help out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    Rubs Promo
                    Meat-Up in Memphis