Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seinfeld memorabilia from an inside source - if you're a fan check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seinfeld memorabilia from an inside source - if you're a fan check this out

I work with Carol Brown, she was Jerry Seinfeld's personal assistant before the show started and all through the years of the show. Her name is in the the closing credits after each episode.

Somehow she ended up in central MI in a small town where her family lived and she works at 2 of the small town hospitals where I work. She and I have become pals and she shares with me all sorts of stories and memories of her time in show biz. She knows Jerry like no one else. She was his confidant. If you're a fan of the show you may remember an early-season episode where Jerry's airplane pilot is in the audience and Jerry gets nervous seeing him there and loses his train of thought. This is based on her. Jerry didn't want her in the audience because he'd get nervous. He tested jokes out on her off the record. Asked her for advice on his shows, etc. Cool stuff!!

She now does PFTs (pulmonary function tests, where you sit in the small phonebooth-like box and huff & puff into a hose) so she shows up in the mornings occasionally as I am getting ready to clock out.

She's almost ready to leave medicine and get back with Jerry on his new tours. She told me she's getting with him soon to discuss their future. Cool stuff. (I'm talking to the person who is pals and colleagues with Jerry Seinfeld?)

Anyway, she found a book she was given that only cast & crew received at the show's finale in '98 (the year I graduated high school) , full of memories and pics. Like a class yearbook. She lent it to me. Not only are there priceless pics and quotes and cast & crew comments and other fun things, but the whole cast signed it as well.

Side note: Carol's also an extra in an episode, The Maestro. In the coffee shop when George & Jerry are talking about how the maestro is trying to keep Jerry out of Tuscany, and how Poppy is from Tuscany. (She can be seen in the background at the table behind them. She's looking at the "menu", which she told me was simply full of vulgar curse words. She was shocked and her facial expression is actually her being shocked at the words in the fake "menu").

I have it in front me me now and I'll share some pics from inside it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5300.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	912397

Carol w/ other crew - she's second from left (and she definitely did get into medicine!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5310.jpg Views:	0 Size:	238.9 KB ID:	912217

Carol w/ Jerry (top 3 pics)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5303.jpg Views:	0 Size:	261.8 KB ID:	912219

Other fun shots

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5306.jpg Views:	0 Size:	253.3 KB ID:	912214Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5307.jpg Views:	0 Size:	268.1 KB ID:	912215Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5312.jpg Views:	0 Size:	281.9 KB ID:	912216Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5302.jpg Views:	0 Size:	387.7 KB ID:	912218

And the main casts' autographs:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5301.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.5 KB ID:	912213

Very Cool!!!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny thing is I knew Carol for a year or two and had NO clue of her previous life. One time when I was chatting with her I happened to mention entering a doorway like Kramer (fast and impulsive) and asked her if she's familiar with Seinfeld.... needless to say she got quite the big grin and had quite a story to tell me. I was dumbfounded. Thought she was pulling my leg...until she showed me a picture of her & Jerry. [mouth drops open...I drool...I'm speechless...I have literally 500 questions]

Great stuff!

Comment

Must of been crazy.

Comment

This is awesome!! I’m a huge fan!!

Comment

Super cool!

Comment

My wife would kill just to touch that book.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll meet her and let her touch it, and give her a hit list....

That's cool. They certainly do not make sitcoms like that anymore.....

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Brooklyn 99 is my personal favorite, and IMO the closest to Seinfeld caliber (not Seinfeld style though, different). Purely my opinion.

Updated a pic and some details above...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Once again, I reiterate: Very Cool, Brother!

Thanks so much fer sharin this with us!

No Workee Tonight, I take it?

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. Bones no workee. Typically Weds & Thurs are my only non-work nights each week. Unless I pick up OT. Tonight is AR staff "meat"ing via Zoom, family dinner, and some choice beverages to celebrate life and all that's good.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Fantastique, Brother! Enjoy yer evenin off, tell Staff I said "Hey!"

Eat/Drink like a Viking, an always remember to take pics afore th dang ol camera gits all blurry, like!

Unreal! Thats so cool!!

Comment

I am huge fan of Seinfeld the TV show, and I got to see Jerry Seinfeld doing his stand up at the Murat Theater in Indianapolis several years ago. That was a fabulous evening. It's really cool you get to work with someone who had those experiences with him!

Comment

Giddy Up!

Comment

I have watched EVERY episode. This is so cool. Touched by greatness.

Comment

Super Cool! I love Seinfeld ... probably my #3 sitcom of all time, #1 being MASH and #2 being Cheers

Comment

• ecowper
                      ecowper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Huskee Cheers was the show about nothing before the show about nothing! And yeah, Sanford and Son and All in the Family are up there, too. They just don't make that kind of TV anymore.

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      totally agree

• mrteddyprincess
                      mrteddyprincess commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sandford and Son! :-)

That’s awesome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    Rubs Promo
                    Meat-Up in Memphis