Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayers with you on the west coast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers with you on the west coast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EA3C0A93-7C0A-4142-B1A1-33FA6B1364D7.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	911698 I took this pic on the way home from work today.
    Minding you I am in NY. There are no clouds in the sky. What you’re seeing is the remnants of the smoke coming from California and Oregon. Zoom in and you can see the haze.
    That sun should be blinding at this time of day. Not at all today.
    I cain’t even imagine what you guys and gals are going through.
    My heart goes out to all of you on the west coast.
    Please be safe.
    Steve B.

My heart as well. I've been reading news reports and there is unspeakable horror that people are going through out there. It makes me sick and it makes me tear up reading about it.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, I remember tearing up moving to a different room in our small house growing up, I literally was just moving to the next room......and now looking at homes, HOMES, burnt to the ground......makes me wish I had 25 billion in the bank just to go over there and help people start over.....

Prayers from Southern Illinois also. Be safe.

Comment

My thoughts are with you too. We also had the smoke haze in central VA.

Comment

It is so horrible how many folks are being displaced by fires out west. Our prayers are with them right now.

Comment

I drove through the Bear Fire area that effected Butte County today. Cal Fire ( CaptainMike 's crews) did a fantastic job saving homes that should not be standing. Air attacks were impossible because of the smoke. All of the fire fighting was done by foot soldiers. I saw areas where backfires were lit by crews as flames were racing towards them in order to save properties. Some trees were still ablaze as I drove through areas but nothing was spreading. The losses, while great, are nothing like the Camp Fire. Hats off to the fire personnel.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Fighting fire in 100 degree heat with a suit that would make you hot in a refrigerator.

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            tbob4 not sure if you know ... Jered and family were evacuated in Oroville and almost lost that house. Fire was stopped about 250 yards short of Kelly Ridge.

Thanks all. Seattle has crappy air (like... in the hazardous range and my house smells of smoke inside) but it's nothing compared to the communities who have fire around and in them. Those are the folks I feel for.

Comment

Its all very sad. Prayers for everyone there and for rain!

Comment

Prayers sent your way.

Comment

Not nice, not nice at all for the people who have perished or lost everything.

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts.
                  FYI, I have placed an air filter in the from of a box fan to filter out the smoke from inside our home.

Comment

• Steve B
                    Steve B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can't imagine what its like out there. Stay safe my brother.

Very noticeable haze here, air quality downgraded to fair...

Thoughts and prayers goin out to all yall out west.

Comment

Thanks for everyones prayers and concerns. Our house is safe, but we lost 925 homes in Santa Cruz county. We have several friends and many others that we know that lost their homes. Keep praying for all these folks, it's going to take years for some to recover.

Comment

Thanks for putting this up. Just so heartbreaking everywhere right now. My daughter just moved back from the Sacramento area to UCLA for classes to start. She says her lungs have been hurting for a couple of weeks now.

I also just saw a tweet from Operation BBQ Relief. They're still feeding the folks affected by Laura.

And then there's Sally happening right now.

Stay safe everyone. Help someone if you can and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Comment

We live with earthquakes and such but this is just something you never get used to.

Loss of life, entire communities destroyed and simply put... Devistation.

It hits home for us all and most of us have family affected or know someone affected.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis