Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well that’s creepy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that’s creepy

Off and on for the last ten days or so a random bat just shows up on the umbrella on the back patio. We’ve lived in this house for three years and this has never happened once. And it’s now happened three times in the last ten days. Is someone trying to tell us something???
    Attached Files

They've moved in somewhere close recently, somewhere they didn't live before.

This obviously has something to do with climate change.

Comment

I'm jealous, I only get tree frogs in mine!

Comment

Just don't let it drive you batty.

Comment

I sorta thought he'd be happier hanging from an arm inside the umbrella.
          Someone in the area renovating, buddy probably got evicted in the commotion.

Comment

I like bats, they are timid little critters and they do a good thing, and most if not all have zero interest in biting humans contrary to popular belief. I hope you enjoy his or her willingness to feel safe in your yard.

Comment

They eat skeeters! And if they bite you, trust me you won't even notice until the rabies symptoms set in.

Comment

I have great memories of youth when we would go out on hot summer nights and throw bottle caps up in the dark night sky and watch the bats catch them.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was just doing that last night with small stones. Fun!

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m a bad seed. 😬
                  I used to take my fishing pole and toss a hook over the power lines and bob it up and down. It was like air fishing. 😳
                  What the heck was wrong with me. 🤦🏼

They do like to snuggle into the folds of closed outdoor umbrellas, I've been surprised by them a couple of times opening one up. Probably not as surprised as the bats, though.

Comment

Bats are bats. That bat had a mother who loves it & thinks it is wonderful & the rest of its friends might think he is alright, even though he is a little weird, wanting to land on top of a white umbrella and all. Creepy, nah, batty, oh yeah.

Comment

Be very careful, a bat that shows up or is out during the day most likely has rabies. Don't go near it, you might want to call animal control or the health department if another shows up.
                    Last edited by 58limited; September 13, 2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• MTurney
                      MTurney commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yea thanks....they behave a little oddly and with a 3 and 5 YO So we're being very careful.

It's probably just because of that family of vampires that moved in down the road...

Comment

Calvin said “bats are bugs!!”

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        if following the adage of you are what you eat, then Calvin would be correct?

Google how to make a bat house, an attach it to yer outdoor structure; they eat lotsa skeeters, an are no threat, unless they're sick, same as any other critter, includin humons...
                      They're Welcome in my world, an Way Less Creepy than humons...

Comment

I think it just wanted to see whether you'd make some smoked skeeters...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis