Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Moment, Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felt real weird writing 9-11 on a bunch of pieces of blue tape today. I didn’t like it.

Comment

Not sure if it makes a difference being half a day late but stand tall guys, and never forget. Been drinkin' so I won't go any further in case I go upsetting some genteel folk

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        never too late to join in this observance...

• Cheef
        Cheef commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with @Mr. Bones.
        As for upsetting the genteel folks?
        Have at it and we can play Whack a Mole.

I'm way late seeing this, but don't think it wasn't heavy on my heart and mind all day. Best day of my and my wife's life, followed shortly thereafter by this is hard to put into words. I will never forget holding my firstborn baby daughter (2 months old at the time) while watching the towers go down and wondering what the hell we were doing bringing a child into this world.
      Last edited by Steve R.; September 12, 2020, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Lord bless, whatta anniversary to have an hold....
        Bless yerself, an Family fer carin...

• pjlstrat
        pjlstrat commented
        Editing a comment
        While I understand what you and your wife were thinking, that miracle you brought into the world to love and cherish and bring up the right way is the ideal counterpoint to the hatred and fanaticism that drove the acts of that day.

I reiterate Mr. Bones post....God Bless.

As I have turned the corner towards the second half of life I have found myself realizing a few things over the years since 9/11, true heroes wear uniforms that don't involve a basketball, football or a baseball. True heroes really do run towards the flames for their fellow man and true heroes fight on foreign soil for this country and it's citizens. I don't believe we will ever forget. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Very eloquently put, Brother....
        I appreciate yer perspective, an fully rejoice in yer awareness that some cool folks did do some incredibly selfless stuff, to allow alla us this night of Peace, an Reflection.

• pjlstrat
        pjlstrat commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said sir....well said.

• Cheef
        Cheef commented
        Editing a comment
        Unimagineable what it must have took to keep running towards that knowing what those guys must have known.

Just seeing this Mr. Bones sorry I was not there to lift a glass with you. In the midst of what is going on in this world, yesterday seemed to be an after thought for many. We can never forget what happened on that day. May God Bless the families who are still grieving the loss of loved ones. God Bless America!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Never too late to lift a glass, an I only posted a small time window, in which to share with me; Sry, My Bad, not yer own..

I woulda / coulda /shoulda said my piece, earlier, but it was an experiment, to wait, an see...

Came to a point where I hadda drop a hint.
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 12, 2020, 04:11 AM.

Sorry Bonesy, missed this....You know I woulda been there with bells on, a bottle a whiskey and beat up acoustic guitar. That picture still sends a chill down my spine, all these years later.

Thank you for the post and there will be a glass raised by the fire tonight.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Works fer me, Brother!
        So sorry I missed jammin an twangin with ya, mebbe next time...coulda used th whiskey, as well...

God Bless the USA ! ! !

Comment

We won't forget. Saw the Museum a few years ago-very eerie.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I've posted up, but will re-post: we have two huge steel girders from th WTC on display at th Dole Institute, here on our West Campus.
          Eerie don't even begin to cover it, Brother Skip

I was with you Mr. Bones - thanks for your thoughts. Especially now it's still also sad that it took such an event to unify America albeit briefly.

Comment

Late seeing your post, but as it happens we were talking about 9-11 yesterday, and I was having a drink at the right time. Stay safe all.

Comment

I also missed your post Mr. Bones 9-11 is a bitter/sweet day for me.
            A tragedy for what happened that day and a celebration of my wedding anniversary (27 years). Sadness of the losses and Joy for what I have.
            At the time of your gathering I was with (virtually) 37 close friends at a retreat (Zoom) usually held on the coast for 3 days of meetings and fellowship celebrating our sobriety.
            I'm there lifting my coke in remembrance

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Happy Anniversary, and I hoist my drink to yerself, Brother!

Mr. Bones, Bones I did not see this post until right now, 10:03AM on 9/12 so I was not there but wish I had seen it yesterday and I would have been. There is so much wrong with this world we live in....a fallen world. May God see fit to forgive us our trespasses and heal this land we live in! The key to that is in II Chronicles 7:14. May God bless America! Tom

Comment

I missed this too Bonsey, but I certainly was with you in spirit. This is one of those things where you will always remember where you were and what you were doing.

Comment

Mr. Bones - I was reading a chapter out of Douglas Feavel's book "Uncommon Character, Stories of ordinary men and women who did the Extraordinary". The chapter dealt with Rick Rescorla. He was the man that the movie "We Were Soldiers Once" was based on and his character played by Mel Gibson. Being an ex military man like me, I'm betting you've seen it. What was intriguing was that he was also involved with saving people during the WTC chaos. His office was on the 44th floor of the Center. He helped get out over 3,000 staff members before returning with professional rescue workers for a final look. He was never seen again.

A time of remembrance and reflection. Thank you for rekindling our minds afresh.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ooorrraaahhh!!!

Mr. Bones Late also, sorry.
                The horrors of that day are forever etched in my mind.
                That day my emotions ran from sadness and sorrow to rage and where do I enlist.
                One of the first things I did was hang a Star Spangled Banner on our front porch to let America know I was 100% with you and them to know I was 100% against them.
                Not much but all I had that day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis